reverse polarity

Begonnen von Jollyjester, 15 September 2021, 10:52:18

« vorheriges - nächstes »

0 Mitglieder und 1 Gast betrachten dieses Thema.

Jollyjester

 In my foolishness, age related, not reading the instruction, in a  rush, or not wearing my specs, I managed to fit the 6 v wet battery the wrong way round, with + positive earth.

It should be - Negative Earth, started the engine and the charge light did NOT go out, of course. so I feel sure I must have reversed the currant ??

Not an thing I recall in the past, and believe this is rectified by a brief bridge wire / connection /spark , between 2 terminals, without the engine running ??

Yes / No ???

and then, which ones are they, In the generator housing?

there is, 61, 51, 30, 31. Battery + is 30

Battery 31 - Neg earth.

Any instructions welcome

P.S. I have ordered a Panasonic Sealed Battery

Jollyjester


rolf

B+ to D+....or
30 to 61....engine running ....for 1-3 seconds

Jollyjester

Thanks so much, try later today, That is with the Battery connected correctly

31 - to earth
30 + to Lima
??


rolf


Jollyjester

If I may?

do I disconnect / remove 30 & 61 prior to the bridge ?

robert


rolf

on which bridge?...they are normally not connected....no...only connect with a cable

Jollyjester

sorry , by bridge I ment linking 30  & 61 together with an extra  wire

So, remove 1 or both cables ??

then (bridge  / link ) as you said

rolf

what will you remove?
take a cable and connect 30 and 61....finish!

Borgward

but only for a very short time (~1 sec)!
and let's hope that your (electronic?) regulator is still ok

Hubi

OldsCool!

Was just about to say that.... typically reverse current kills the (electronic) regulator... good luck!
Ich bin auf dem Dorf aufgewachsen. Ich wurde nicht erzogen, ich habe ÜBERLEBT!

rolf.soler

The elecromechanical F and Z regulators tolerate the procedure AND you don't need a wire, just close the "Rückstromkontakt" with  a finger ;D

Borgward

... but his R25 has obviously an electronical regulator:
Have a Zofia 6v electronic unit. 10 years now, works perfectly, and 'WILL' start the engine if the battery is flat, or as in my case once., years ago, disconnected

Hubi

Hauptmenü

Anleitungen & Bücher Baureihe Specials Startseite Vergleichsliste

Presse & Wissen

Bauzeiten & Stückzahlen Historisches Liste der BMW Modelle Presseberichte Prospekte & Plakate

Foren & Literatur

Bildergalerie Bildtafel-Suche Forum: Boxerforum Handbücher Servicedaten

Allgemeine Infos

Bildtafelsuche Glossar Impressum Kontakt Sitemap

Tipps & Service

Dienstleister Händler Märkte & Museen Tipps Verschleißteile & Werkzeuge