BMW Einzylinder-Forum

TERMINE und FORUMSTECHNIK => International discussion forum in english language => Thema gestartet von: Giannis am 16 September 2006, 18:26:45

Titel: Rubber bumpers
Beitrag von: Giannis am 16 September 2006, 18:26:45
Hello everybody.Can someone tell me how many rubber bumpers are there in the R 25 rear suspension?I have a thick one and two slim rubber bumpers.The explos show only only one slim rubber  on each suspension tube .Where does the thick one go?Thanks in advance .

Giannis
Greece
Titel: Re: Rubber bumpers
Beitrag von: Karl am 16 September 2006, 18:35:01
Hello Giannis,

welcome to our BMW-Board.

I'm driving a R25 (/0), too, and as far as I can remember there's only ONE rubber bumper in the suspension (on every side). What do you mean with "thick" and "slim"?

The rubber bumper my R25 has following dimensions:

- height: 1,5cm
- diameter outside: 4,0cm
- diameter inside: 2,5cm

Kind regards,
Karl
Titel: Re: Rubber bumpers
Beitrag von: Giannis am 17 September 2006, 14:51:58
Thanks for your reply Karl!The ''thick'' one has the dimensions you say but the ''slim'' ones are only 9 mm high (inside,outside diameter corect).l
Titel: Re: Rubber bumpers
Beitrag von: Karl am 17 September 2006, 17:42:24
Okay, but WHERE have youn found those "slim" rubbers?
Can you make a picture w. a digicam?

Thanks,
Karl
Titel: Re: Rubber bumpers
Beitrag von: Giannis am 21 September 2006, 20:09:21
Sorry for not replying sooner Karl.I think I solve the mystery .The suspension tube in the kardan side is longer  than the suspension tube of the otherside and it also has a screwed  cup on top(I guess it is from a R25/3) .