BMW Einzylinder-Forum

TERMINE und FORUMSTECHNIK => International discussion forum in english language => Thema gestartet von: Dave am 21 Mai 2006, 05:57:19

Titel: Wheel Hub Offset Gauge - L5050?
Beitrag von: Dave am 21 Mai 2006, 05:57:19
Another question  :blumen:

I just made a hub offset gauge using the BMW drawing L5050, I'm not sure where I found this drawing on the net.

Unfortunately when I offer it up to my Weinmann ally rims its too long  :schimpf:

My questions:

1. The gauge suggests that the hub is offset laterally 2mm to the right - is this the case?
2. Is the Weinmann rim standard? It measures 19 inches from edge to edge.

Thanks (again) in advance, Dave.
Titel: Re: Wheel Hub Offset Gauge - L5050?
Beitrag von: Dave am 21 Mai 2006, 05:58:25
The drawing - I just made the R25 side.
Titel: Re: Wheel Hub Offset Gauge - L5050?
Beitrag von: BenF am 21 Mai 2006, 10:26:22
Hello Dave,

You have the r25/3 right?
My understanding is that there is no difference in the offset on either side of the rim. In other words since BMW came out with the full width hub, the hub should be exactly centrally located in the rim.
I have the Ed Korn Bmw wheel building video and information sheet which confirms this. I also measured the offset on my wheels before I cut the spokes and re-laced the wheels.

Ben
Titel: Re: Wheel Hub Offset Gauge - L5050?
Beitrag von: Rütz am 21 Mai 2006, 11:09:42
Hi Dave,
Your gauge is for the R25 (/0)!
Which has 19'' wheels and half brake hub's ("Dosendeckel").

The R25/3 has full brake hub's, 18'' and an hub offset of 1,0 mm.

Unfortunately for this gauge there is no drawing on this website. :-\\
You need the drawing 5098/4.

Anselm
Titel: Re: Wheel Hub Offset Gauge - L5050?
Beitrag von: Garnet Grylls am 21 Mai 2006, 16:38:11
Hi Dave,

I followed the advice in this article: http://agwalker.com/wheelbuilding.htm  If possible measure your offset before you start, but if yours was aiready apart perhaps someone can give you the number for a /3.

Garnet O(ff center)
Titel: Re: Wheel Hub Offset Gauge - L5050?
Beitrag von: BenF am 21 Mai 2006, 16:45:34
Hello Garnet
I just remembered that sometime ago i posted the Ed Korn offset data page in the yahoo BMW monos files section.

Ben
Titel: Re: Wheel Hub Offset Gauge - L5050?
Beitrag von: sjeuf12 am 21 Mai 2006, 22:40:22
Zitat von: BenF am 21 Mai 2006, 16:45:34
Hello Garnet
I just remembered that sometime ago i posted the Ed Korn offset data page in the yahoo BMW monos files section.

Ben

Ben,
is this the one?
br
Ser
Titel: Re: Wheel Hub Offset Gauge - L5050?
Beitrag von: Dave am 25 Mai 2006, 13:55:19
 :kopfhau: Should have read the drawing closer!

Ser - great reference, thanks.
Rütz / Ben - central is a good bet I think. I measured the wheel yesterday, its centralised but that translated to about 3mm either side. This is probably just the rim.

- Dave.