BMW Einzylinder-Forum

TERMINE und FORUMSTECHNIK => International discussion forum in english language => Thema gestartet von: BSA Bob am 15 September 2023, 06:11:41

Titel: Front shock absorbers
Beitrag von: BSA Bob am 15 September 2023, 06:11:41
One of the front shock absorbers on the R26 is leaking & will need replacement.
Meanwhile, I have a set from a twin that I can fit. I assume these will be a bit stiffer, but has anyone had serious problems doing this?
Titel: Front shock absorbers
Beitrag von: Heiko am 15 September 2023, 06:40:26
Hello Bob,

the shock absorbers of the twins are the same as in a single in my memory. Compare the numbers of the absorbers. Only the springs are different.
Titel: Front shock absorbers
Beitrag von: rolf am 15 September 2023, 12:30:32
in fact....they are different....BUT....I had no problems with taking them for single...the difference is too little
Titel: Front shock absorbers
Beitrag von: Heiko am 15 September 2023, 12:40:17
Rolf is correct. Took a look in the auxiliary catalog and saw that the numbers are different.
Titel: Front shock absorbers
Beitrag von: BSA Bob am 17 September 2023, 01:40:27
Thanks for the reassurance, folks.