Clutch Cable Failure

Begonnen von Jollyjester, 18 April 2018, 18:52:02

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Jollyjester

You may recall two weeks ago I had a problem with the steering lock, the detachable type, for my R25.  The tiny grub screw, held in with a hexagon key ( Allen Key ) of had fallen out, and it was about a year old. Fortunately I  found this very tiny, grub screw with a magnifying glass on my hands and knees in the garage.  I replaced it with Loctite.  The other steering lock I have had nearly gone the same way

Today I found of the clutch cable had almost snapped through at handlebar end, where the feral is secured.  This is held on by a pinch fit it is not soldered as in the 'the good old days' .

This item which came from Germany, has covered 500 miles from new.  Not 50,000.  It is a straight pull, no bends I will now replace this with the old one that I made myself in 1970 and used for 15 years.

Not very good is it really?
Suggest, just have a look at yours.

Robert

Jollyjester

Taz

Hello Robert.

Thanks for the heads-up, I will have a look right later today...do you remember which dealer sold that cable to you (and would like to share that information with us)? Maybe there was a faulty batch of cables and it might be helpful for others as well to perform a close inspection....

And...respect for your successful search for a wee screw  :respekt:

Kind regards, Taz
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

grahamjb

An old speaker magnet or magnet from a computer hard drive attached to some wire (or worn out clutch cable....) and dragged across the garage floor makes finding lost steel screws easy.  ;D

OldsCool!

Outstanding idea! Finally found my misplaced R26 in the garage with this method  :juhuu:
Thanks!  ;D

BR
Steffen
Ich bin auf dem Dorf aufgewachsen. Ich wurde nicht erzogen, ich habe ÜBERLEBT!