Advice on my 1952 R25 please

Begonnen von tralfa, 01 April 2011, 22:55:01

« vorheriges - nächstes »

tralfa

I have inherited a 1952 R25 from my late stepfather. The bike is complete but has not moved for over 40 years. I would like the bike to go to someone who would restore it but have no idea where best to advetise it or in fact how much it may be worth. I have no idea whether such bikes are rare or common.

The bike is in Reading in the UK, if anyone has any advice as to where I should best advertise it for sale this would be much appreciated.

tralfa

rolf

Hallo Tralfa(?),
it is best you show a few pictures so we can see if it is really original...and really never moves for 40 years...after this we can give you an advice  how much it is worth.
Rolf

tralfa

Hi Rolf,

Thanks for your reply, I have some great photos of the bike as I found it in the garden. Unfortunately I can't work out how to attach the photos to this note because the forum instructions are in German.

That said I can see an icon called Bild enfugen which I think means ''attach photo's'' but if I click on it I just get this:

Not sure where to go from there. Sorry to be so thick, if you can see where I'm going wrong maybe you could let me know or if you can send me an e-mail address I can send them that way.

Regards,

Taz

Hello Tralfa.

If you would send me the picture files to tassilo(at)r25-bike.de I could give you a hand by resizing and posting them here....problem is that you will have to have posted 5(?!) replies to any threads around here before you are allowed to attach pictures (this is to reduce the amount of spam here, nothing personal)...

Best regards to the Thames valley, Tas
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

tralfa

Tas,

I e-mailed 9 photos to you at:  tassilo@r25-bike.de  did you receive them OK?

Regards,

Bob (tralfa)

Taz

Hello Bob.

Yes, the email has arrived. As I am about to leave for work right nowe I will upload them tonight after nightfall...

Best regards, Taz
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

schraubenkoenig

Zitat von: tralfa am 02 April 2011, 00:18:39
Hi Rolf,

Thanks for your reply, I have some great photos of the bike as I found it in the garden. Unfortunately I can't work out how to attach the photos to this note because the forum instructions are in German.

That said I can see an icon called Bild enfugen which I think means ''attach photo's'' but if I click on it I just get this:

Not sure where to go from there. Sorry to be so thick, if you can see where I'm going wrong maybe you could let me know or if you can send me an e-mail address I can send them that way.

Regards,

you ought try google translate... just copy the text to be translated into the text box and off you go...

I have translated even russian and chinese manuals - the translation may sound funny sometimes- but you get ahead....

tralfa

Taz,

Have you been able to look at the photo's yet?

Regards,

Bob

tralfa

In the event have sold the bike today to a UK dealer, thanks to those on here who tried to help.

Regards.

rolf

Wieder mal super geil....Verkaufshilfe! :kopfhau:....für Lau....ohne Ankündigung...naja, Classic Data nimmt dafür Geld....wir nur unsere Zeit und unser Wissen

Tralfa: Thanks...what for?

euro518

I guess he was in a real hurry. Too bad. With some info from the group he probably could have got more ... again, who knows.

-Kevin

P.S. Got the R26 out today ... first day and it was sunny and warm (by our standards).