AW Frankfurter Modell Benzinhahn - Pet Cock

Begonnen von Dave, 04 Juni 2008, 12:52:59

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Dave

G'day,

My bike has an AW Frankfurter Modell Benzinhahn. Have any of you seen this type of pet-cock? I'd like to reuse it but the filter / nipple assembly needs replacing, are there parts for these?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

tassilo als Gast

Hello Dave.

That looks similar to the one I had on my bike (before I replaced it with a Everbest Torpedo)...I will check tonight and let you know then...

Best regards, Tas

rolf

Hallo dave,
the "O-ring" isn't original and with it ,it doesn't work, you need a slice of "kork" (kann das jemand übersetzen?) or rubber , with 4 holes.
Rolf

rolf.soler

This petcock is regularly sold on ebay, costs about 50 Euro (new). Personally I'd go for a new one. Keep the old one for the days when new ones are no longer available
Rolf: Kork (German ) is cork (english)

Dave

Thanks - the o-ring was not supposed to be there, forgot to take it out for the photo. I think I'll end up with an Everbest as you say...

JochenD

Hello Dave,

clean your pet-cock and filter/nippel assembly, replace the gasket and it works.

Best Regards,

Jochen

rolf

Before replacing the gasket...grease it with graphitpowder (hope it was the same as Kork to cork ;D)

Heiko

Zitat von: rolf am 05 Juni 2008, 09:07:54
Before replacing the gasket...grease it with graphitpowder (hope it was the same as Kork to cork ;D)

Graphitepowder  ;)
Ariel motorcycles... upon which the sun never sets.

rolf

Dave

I did not know about the graphite grease thanks.

This part is heavily corroded unfortunately:

Dave

Zitat von: JochenD am 04 Juni 2008, 20:14:38
Hello Dave,

clean your pet-cock and filter/nippel assembly, replace the gasket and it works.

Best Regards,

Jochen

I might be able to make one of these, I have the punches to cut the cork...what is the thickness of the cork?

Thanks in advance, Dave.

rolf

Hallo Dave  (it's a little bit like 2001-odissey in space (?)...this sci-fi Movie from Kubrick ;D ),
you mean your heavy corroded thread? I (!) would (if I can't get a new/better one ...where do you live?) glue it and fit a new/other filter to the top (over the 2 tubes ), at this place it is also more important.
Rolf