1958 R26 BING carburettor overhaul

Begonnen von bwprice100, 13 Juli 2016, 16:47:15

« vorheriges - nächstes »

bwprice100

Hi All

Just another quick question I am hoping I can get some help with.

I have started to strip and clean the carburettor for my 1958 R26 (type 122 - 1/26/46) and was wondering if the brass part shown in the picture should screw out and what is it's function?

Thanks in advance

Brian

bwprice100

Karl

Hi Brian,

I think this is the so called "Leerlaufdüse" (Idle jet). It looks very worn-out, I´d rather replace it.
Have a look here: www.rabenbauer.com  ->  Part-Nr.: 0039137

Regards,
Karl
Support this Board: Wer das Forum unterstützen möchte, kann das gerne per PAYPAL machen. Und hier findet Ihr meine Amazon Wunschliste.

bwprice100

Thanks Karl

I have ordered some new parts but the old one does not want to come out at the moment.  :attacke:  :)

Brian

Kurt in S.A.

Be careful you don't strip the head...will become more difficult to remove.  Try some penetrant such as AeroKroil or PB Blaster...not sure what you can get in your area.  WD-40 is NOT a penetrant.  Some heat like a hair dryer might be good enough to expand the pot metal of the carb body.  If the head is messed up, you'll have to use an EZ-out to get it out...of course it will destroy the jet.

I believe there is an o-ring in there as well...you'll need a new one of those, too.

Kurt
Kurt in S.A.

bwprice100

Thanks Kurt.

I'm taking it slowly. :)

It's been in my ultrasonic tank a few times at about 60° but no joy. I been adding 3 in 1 oil and leaving soak but it may require more heat.

I can see a screwdriver slot but is already a bit chewed up.

I will try again tomorrow.

Thanks Brian

www.eBolt.co.uk www.ToolroomChucks.co.uk

† Will

Hi Brian,
Try some Plus Gas on it, it's a very good releasing fluid and it should be easy to obtain at most motor factors.
R25/3 + R65LS. The R27 has found a new home.
I was not lost, my GPS just found a different way back.

bwprice100

Zitat von: Will am 13 Juli 2016, 19:14:46
Hi Brian,
Try some Plus Gas on it, it's a very good releasing fluid and it should be easy to obtain at most motor factors.

Thanks Will, I will try that.

I think I'll make up a nice sharp screwdriver to get a good drive.

Brian

Kurt in S.A.

With a good fitting screwdriver and some grinding paste on the tip, you should be able to get a good solid bite on the head.  Maybe some light taps on a hammer could shock the threads to cut through the corrosion.

Kurt
Kurt in S.A.

yaycep

I've got the similar issue with that of my R25/3, although it's not stuck yet. Uli's catalog contains several sizes(?) such as 35, 40, 45, etc. but does not identify which fits which. Any information on that?

Karl

You need a 35 Idle jet. By the way: you can find all necessary carb-information » here
Support this Board: Wer das Forum unterstützen möchte, kann das gerne per PAYPAL machen. Und hier findet Ihr meine Amazon Wunschliste.

bwprice100

Zitat von: Kurt in S.A. am 14 Juli 2016, 02:04:07
With a good fitting screwdriver and some grinding paste on the tip, you should be able to get a good solid bite on the head.  Maybe some light taps on a hammer could shock the threads to cut through the corrosion.

Kurt

Just an update:

I managed to get it out (just heat, a regrind of my screw driver tip, grinding paste and no hammer); the grinding paste is a good tip Karl.

I used 'Loctite freeze and release' Will, I've used it before and had some in my workshop.

There was no evidence of the remains of any 'O' ring but not surprising.

I'm just waiting for the remainder of the parts to arrive but some more cleaning required first.

https://goo.gl/photos/GK7C1tCoVwFbFqSY9

Thanks Brian

OldsCool!

Hi Brian,

There is no O-ring behind the idle jet.

Have fun!

Steffen
Ich bin auf dem Dorf aufgewachsen. Ich wurde nicht erzogen, ich habe ÜBERLEBT!