Bing 1/24/42 and Lichtmaschine setup

Begonnen von dokjem, 30 November 2014, 13:30:02

« vorheriges - nächstes »

dokjem

Hello

could anyone help me with these question?

first
I put the Bing 1/24/42 carburetors for my bike (without further setting - I just clean it up and make some standard adjustment for the float, pilot and main jet, idle bolts etc)
when I start the bike and the engine is running...it runs with a high RPM for a while and then the engine is off again
what is wrong with that?

second
on this Bing 1/24/42 carburetors there is a screw for idle setting (leerlaufschraube) with 2 tube shape cap and a nut for fastener
on the center of the bolt there is a hole with a spring and a very little bolts that contains it
what is the function of this spring and very little bolts?
and what is the correct position of those 2 parts?
(I have already known that the idle screw setting is 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 to the left/counter clockwise)

third
on the ignition system (Lichtmaschine) there is a tear shape plate - where the condensator and platine are placed - with 2 screw for adjusting the ignition timing (according to the Reparaturanleitung book)
on the book it is said that "38-41 v.O.T") what is that means?
and what is the correct position for the plate?

thank you so much
regards Jemi from Indonesia

dokjem

rolf

1. are you sure that Fuel is flowing?....check it
2. there is no correct setting for the 2 tube shape cups..built together, lock it with the Nut (after setting the idle screw)..all the little spring and bolts has only the function to let Fuel out if there is too much....nothing to do for you
3.38-41° is the ignition timing for advance (=früh)...if you use a Stroboskop, turn the engine up to 3000-4000 revs....than the "F" should come to sight....and(!) going no further.
If you adjust the ignition with a (normal) light....is "S" the important sign for you....but the better and most important is "F"....

Rütz

Zitat..little spring and bolts..
?? Never seen that. Really? Should there be originally a kind of valve in that screw?
:Frage:
I never dared to be radical when young.
For fear it would make me conservative when old. (Robert Frost)

rolf

Doch Rütz, der Bolzen ist allerdings eine Kugel der von einer Feder in den Sitz gedrückt wird....ist aber unwichtig...da hoffentlich keine auf die Idee kommt das auseinander zu bauen...warum auch immer

Q-Michael

Hallo Dr. Jemi,

If there is R25 from 1950, there is no "F" or S -mark on Schwungscheibe flywheel
OT means oberer totpunkt. this is translated: the max highest point of the piston. 38 angle-degrees before O.T.
BR Michael

dokjem

@Rolf : thank you so much for the advice...I will write it on my manual book in case I need it in the future

@Michael : how are you?...it is for my R25/3 bike...by the way the plain Schwungscheibe from you is safe here  :) but meanwhile the next project is my R25/2 then the R25/0

@Ruth : here are the photo...as you can see at the center of the big air screw there is a slight line (-)...that is the little screw to hold the spring inside

@all : on December 1st (as well as my birthday)....she's alive and steady...my first project R25/3  :applaus:

dokjem

Zitat von: dokjem am 05 Dezember 2014, 07:05:26
@Rolf : thank you so much for the advice...I will write it on my manual book in case I need it in the future

@Michael : how are you?...it is for my R25/3 bike...by the way the plain Schwungscheibe from you is safe here  :) but meanwhile the next project is my R25/2 then the R25/0

@Ruth : here are the photo...as you can see at the center of the big air screw there is a slight line (-)...that is the little screw to hold the spring inside....but sorry the photo is missing...I will take the photo again later

@all : on December 1st (as well as my birthday)....she's alive and steady...my first project R25/3  :applaus:

dokjem

@Ruth : here are the photo

@Rolf : because I don't have a Stroboskop which are the correct position for the plate (with the two holder screw) for a good ignition?
is it more to the left (clockwise) or to the right (counter clockwise) on the OT position?
please see photo