gimbal Kreuzgelenk

Begonnen von Anto, 05 März 2019, 23:13:26

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Anto

Goodmorning everyone. I would like to know the best method and equipment necessary for the safe replacement of the Kreuzgelenk gimbal of a r25 / 2. I  thought https://www.ulismotorradladen.de/artikeldetails/Kreuzgelenk-einzeln-R24-253-ZKA-10501.aspx.  Thank you

Anto

4Taktix

Hello Anto,
I haven't replaced the Kreuzgelenk yet, but if I had to, I'd grind the punch-spots in the clevis away with a dremel-tool or similar.
Only one side for each clevis, so you can press out the Kreuzgelenk to this side. Leave the punched spot on the opposite side as a stop for the new Kreuzgelenk.
The Clevis-material is very hard, not sure if you can secure the new KG by punching again. So I'd press it in until stop and secure the other endcap with loctite or similar.
It is important, that the center of the KG alligns with the center of each clevis to avoid unbalance.
Can you understand how I meant it ? ( I'm no native speaker )
If not, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Sascha
Think outside the box !

Anto

thanks Sascha for the suggestions. Is the replacement of Ulis the right one to buy? Which one is the best of the two?

4Taktix

I see only one gimbal, from your link above.
Think outside the box !

Anto

You are right; here is the link of the complete page where you can find the articles 99923 and 9992302
https://www.ulismotorradladen.de/artikelliste/Kardan_und_Hinterradantrieb_R25_R25_2_R25_3.aspx?BildNummer=K053

Anto

from this photo you can see my current, different and gripped gimbal mounted on r25 / 2

4Taktix

Your gimbal from the picture looks to me like a former DIY-Solution with additional bushes to fit the smaller ends of the gimbal, from whatever this is from.
There is obviously no difference from the gimbal for /2 and /3, as you can see from the description at Uli's: "... für BMW R24-R25/3..."
I'd check the outer diameter of your "bushhings" and compare with Uli's Gimbal. Just give him a call and ask for the diameter.
I suppose he will talk english, or at least some of his employees, as he ships BMW-parts around the globe.
If it is equal to your outer dia, I'd try to move the bushings and see, if I can remove them, to make the clevises fit again for a new, original measure gimbal.

Regards, Sascha

Think outside the box !

Anto

Thanks Sascha, very kind. I will try to call as you advised me. Thanks again Antonio

Hauptmenü

Anleitungen & Bücher Baureihe Specials Startseite Vergleichsliste

Presse & Wissen

Bauzeiten & Stückzahlen Historisches Liste der BMW Modelle Presseberichte Prospekte & Plakate

Foren & Literatur

Bildergalerie Bildtafel-Suche Forum: Boxerforum Handbücher Servicedaten

Allgemeine Infos

Bildtafelsuche Glossar Impressum Kontakt Sitemap

Tipps & Service

Dienstleister Händler Märkte & Museen Tipps Verschleißteile & Werkzeuge