Ausgerissenes Gewinde - was tun?

Begonnen von Karl, 01 Mai 2011, 15:21:31

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Karl

Dave: I have to replace the grease nipple with a 6.0 x 1.0 after putting a thread insert in the hole. As the bike lived in Australia, one of the original 6.0 x 0.7 threaded nipples must have been lost and a 1/4" nipple was butchered in the hole. I wanted to put the original 6.0 x 0.7's in the hole (found two supplier in Germany) but I cant find a thread repair kit for that size thread.

Odeon8: Hi Dave, probably the grease nipple has M6x0,75. BUT: There is an alternative to the existing M6x1 thread.
Look at www.ulismotorradladen.de. They are selling special nipples with M6x1:
Part number item price
S000 72284 Schmiernippel 6mm Normalgewinde € 1,66 €
For changing the thread back look this eBay offer. Haraldseifert is shipping worldwide.
I would not try to change back to M6x0,75 because of the risk damaging the thread completely...

Greetings from Bavaria
Thomas

Dave: Thanks Thomas, I bought a few nipples as you described from Uli's in my last order, seen here with the original BMW 6.0 x 0.75 nipple.

When the 1/4" nipple was screwed in it destroyed the thread in the housing so I have to repair it using this kit:

Grease nipple thread repair using the kit mentioned above:

1. Clearance drill.

2. Tap thread.

3. Insert new thread.

4. Finished thread, 6.0x1.0mm.

(Aus einem Thread von Dave)
Support this Board: Wer das Forum unterstützen möchte, kann das gerne per PAYPAL machen. Und hier findet Ihr meine Amazon Wunschliste.

Karl

Support this Board: Wer das Forum unterstützen möchte, kann das gerne per PAYPAL machen. Und hier findet Ihr meine Amazon Wunschliste.