Ivor the engine for robert the bike  :)

Sent by me using tapety talky

bwprice100

bwprice100

And here is the song. :)

All together now.

Heiko

Ariel motorcycles... upon which the sun never sets.

† Will

I used to cycle around there in my youth, a beautiful part of the U K.
R25/3 + R65LS. The R27 has found a new home.
I was not lost, my GPS just found a different way back.

Jollyjester

What a super gentle way to start a Tuesday morning, Ivor the Engine.  Of course Bryan has not revealed to you, that some few years ago, he was the original Noggin The Nog, in the Oliver Postgate films.  A visit to Anglesey.  I was engaged the to perform as Jester at a medieval wedding reception in Caernarfon, at the Celtic Royal Hotel, circa 1790.  My wife and I've traveled up on the Saturday morning and booked into the Travelodge across the road for two evenings.  Giving us Sunday free to explore. 

We went to Anglesey

IT WAS CLOSED !!!

End of true story.

Still it makes a change from stuck drive flanges

Robert

OldsCool!

Unbelievable  :lol:

All german speech therapists are useless. The kids articulating like this and up to now considered to have a pronouncing disorder are fully ok! They are just walish  ::)
Ich bin auf dem Dorf aufgewachsen. Ich wurde nicht erzogen, ich habe ÜBERLEBT!

bwprice100

The final bit of Welsh culture, probably the most beutiful love song ever written.  :)

Jollyjester

Bryan is correct about the Welsh song, although the locals at Caldicot Castle call it 'My Fanny'.  I performed there for a good many years at special events, and the money was good enough, to make traveling from Hatfield Hertfordshire, the down the M4 motorway and back in one evening economical and viable.

I first met the Caldicot Castle Medieval company in Amman, Jordan.  I had gone out for British week, held in the Sheraton hotel.  Lovely people about eight or nine of them, they  had gone  basically a free holiday, I went for the money, daily rate and travel days, return air fare, transport to and from venues, single room in the hotel, full board and laundry, payment in £'s

Couple of years later, I was doing the television drama 'Bleak House' by Charles Dickens.  For the BBC. 

They were night shoots in Cardiff docks, and my part was a Rat Catcher, with a dog, ( type cast).  discovered the body washed up etc. So during the day time when I was free, I went over to Caldicot and renewed my acquaintanceship.  And that led to being employed there for a good many years for special events.

Things would start off all Welsh, with Ivor on the Harp, but as evening progressed, the traditional Welsh melodies went overboard, and we ended up with the Beatles, but by that time, everyone was so far gone on Mead, I don't think they noticed.

One evening  some local boys came up to the Castle, to see what was happening.
I'll asked them, 'What is it like living in Caldicot'?
A young man replied' It's bloody dump, what we need is a Woolworth's and a sport shop"

The guests that evening had come by two coach's and were Dutch ladies and gentlemen.  I think the Dutch are the only people I have ever met who have a jolly good time and are fun, without consuming copious amounts of alcohol.

The boys asked who the guests were.  I told them I would give them a quiz if they could guess where they guests lived.  I said it's across the water and very flat.

'Is it England' said one boy!

Just to close,  three of the male members of the Caldicot Castle company, were called Dai, short for David, There was Dai Evans the Post, Dai Jones the Butcher, and Dai Young the Undertaker

† Will

My favourite was Sospann Fach, click to play.
R25/3 + R65LS. The R27 has found a new home.
I was not lost, my GPS just found a different way back.

bwprice100

Zitat von: Will am 20 September 2018, 10:06:29
My favourite was Sospann Fach, click to play.

I love the kids. :)

grahamjb

Looks like they should be on "Wales Got Talent"