Identify tank badges / plakettes

Begonnen von Dave, 01 November 2006, 00:42:08

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Dave

G'day all,

Can you help identify the following tank badges / plakettes? I want to get the right ones for my /3.

The one on the left is pressed steel backed with a pressed brass facia. The one on the right is all steel and is more convex / konvex.

With regard to the mounting holes they are dimensionally identical.

One of the threads here suggested restoring original badges rather than buying reproductions, I really liked that idea!

Cheers, Dave.

Dave

rolf

Hey Dave,
the more konvex badge is for 25/2 (and older) , the more flat ist for 26/27, in the moment, I don't know which is for your 25/3.
You can try it, press them by hand on the tank and look which has less gaps(?), as I remember the flat one, but I'm not sure.
Copper or not, a FAQ ;D, I don't think there are really copper ones, all are Nickel (?) plated, the copper ones are more polished over the years.
Rolf
PS
The serif type is ricgt until 1962

Dave

Yes its looks like the silver / more convex one fits my /3 tank better. I'll have to keep looking for another silver one.

Out of interest I notice the genuine Mobile Tradition new reproductions are made in Taiwan.

Cheers, Dave.