R26 Carburetor float weight

Begonnen von Highland_Steve, 06 Januar 2018, 15:01:36

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Highland_Steve

Happy new year everybody :prost:

Iam looking into the float weight for my carb which is a Bing 1/26/55.
All the data seems to suggest 7 gram but the guys at Ulis, according to the web site show the 11 gram which is the float that came with the carb.
Could anybody clarify.
Many thanks..

Highland_Steve

Karl

Hello Steve,

we have a » which says, that the Bing 1/26/55 has a float weight with the number "35-072".
I had a look at Google and it says that the float weight "35-072" has 7 grams. I think this should be the right one.

Kind regards
Karl
Support this Board: Wer das Forum unterstützen möchte, kann das gerne per PAYPAL machen. Und hier findet Ihr meine Amazon Wunschliste.

Kurt in S.A.

The Bing manual shows the 1/26/55 as being Type 122.  The diagram in the Bing manual for Type 122 indicates the float is part 35-073.  On Vech's website, he has this part as being 11 grams.  So, two Bing documents in conflict with each other!   ;D

Kurt
Kurt in S.A.

4Taktix

Hi Steve,
how does she run with the 7 gr. Float ? In case of doubt I'd trust in the way she runs and what the Plug has to tell.
If the Plug tells "too poor" even if you have the needle in the uppermost position and/or the mainjet is already bigger than stock,
you should probably give the 11 gr. Float a try. If you got no significant problems at all, stay with the 7 gr. Float.
If you didn't already had the chance to rev her at all, you were safer with the 11gr. float, starting the fine-tuning from the rich side to the
poor direction and see, where the limit is. What you need apart from a speedo,  I'd translate into "butt-meter". Know what I mean ?  ;)
Best Regards,
Sascha
Think outside the box !

OldsCool!

Hi Steve,

I use the 7gr in my /55. 11gr only applies in case you want to share some fuel with your gearbox  ;D

BR

Steffen
Ich bin auf dem Dorf aufgewachsen. Ich wurde nicht erzogen, ich habe ÜBERLEBT!

rolf

Zitat von: Kurt in S.A. am 06 Januar 2018, 19:03:04
The Bing manual shows the 1/26/55 as being Type 122.  The diagram in the Bing manual for Type 122 indicates the float is part 35-073.  On Vech's website, he has this part as being 11 grams.  So, two Bing documents in conflict with each other!   ;D

Kurt
Kurt ,
can  you show the 2 Documents?

Kurt in S.A.

Rolf -

One of the pages is online here...it shows the types of the carbs.

http://w6rec.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Page1-3.jpg

Attached is a photo from the same document showing the breakdown of the Type 122 carb.

Kurt
Kurt in S.A.

OldsCool!

Now I'm a bit puzzled...
Faak-Tillmans' Bing documents also say it's the 15610 for the 1/26/55

According to the online shop that's the 11gr  ???

But I tried the 11gr and had my carb flooded all the time.

BR

Steffen

rolf

The Body is a "Type" 122....the same type for all 26/27 Carburettors....if you make a 1/26/55 from the 122 Type....you have to take a 7 gr floater....if you take a 11 gr.....it would be a 1/26/xx
Tillman is a dealer....not a manufacturer ;D....if he says 11 gr....why not, free land....but not necessary right

OldsCool!

Thanks Rolf for confirmation. I was totally sure the 7gr. is right, just can't remember where I had confirmed this at that time.

BR

Steffen

Highland_Steve

Hi.
Thanks for all your replies.
I will purchase the 7 gram float from Ulis and try that in the carburetor and see how she runs.
Cheers

Steve

Pederkr

Do your self a favor buy one in plastic instead from this dealer.
Cheper and more relaiable
http://www.benchmarkworks.com/