R25 - Remove oil pump - Lock plate ("Sicherungsblech")

Begonnen von krhoff, 28 Oktober 2018, 21:44:56

« vorheriges - nächstes »

krhoff

Hi,

I am in the process of removing the oil pump from my R25. There is apparently a lock plate ("Sicherungsblech") holding the two bolts in place and this makes the job quite difficult, see attached photo. I have only managed to remove one of the two bolts. I have tried to bend the lock plate away from the other bolt head using pliers, but no success. Is this the way to do it? Do you have some advice on how to proceed? Thanks.

krhoff

mekgyver

Hi,
... so easy ...

you have to lay down (flat) the  4 edges away from the bolts, then you can turn the bolt using a nut size 10mm.
Note : later when remount in the oilpump, use a torquewrench, to provide a over-torque.

Why do you demount the oilpump ? This part makes no probs usually ?

Regards, mek
... 73er-Gang

Morag

Hi there.

Basically mek is right, you will have to flat it out-after that removing the second bolt will be a piece of cake. Imho you might want to use a blunt chisel or an old screw driver in combination with a medium sized hammer for the first task, this might be working much better than that pair of pliers of yours.

Good luck, Morag
My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here
My heart's in the Highlands, a-voiding the deer

krhoff

Thank you, both. I will try that. :thumbsup:

mekgyver: I want to remove the oil pump for cleaning and inspection. Maybe I should let it be? Maybe I should just clean the filter?

SteveMKentucky

I find using a round punch to flatten it out after starting it away from the bolt head works very well.  As others have said you have to get the tab fully flat before attempting to remove the bolt.