R 25/3 engine breather

Begonnen von gordinir8, 19 Mai 2016, 18:56:00

« vorheriges - nächstes »

gordinir8

I was wondering if the engine breather attached to the cam gear has to be tight inside its housing. I measure the breather outside diameter to 33.68mm and the housing at about 34.64mm, that is about 1mm difference, it really looks worn and i was wondering if i should repair this maybe by installing a ring into the housing to make it tight, i am not sure if this thing is also noisy when it is loose. Otherwise the breathing of the engine was working good.

gordinir8

OldsCool!

Hi gordinir,

Have a look into the part list. The breather should be fixed with a dedicated bolt and underlying spring to the cam shaft! If it's running loose, it will for sure ruin the case and probably not do it's job properly.
But don't worry, you're not alone. It was the same on my R26  :-\\ I was quite surprised when the breather just fell on my feet on removing the case. I had to replace the housing because the breather area was so worn out (together with the front bearing seat I must say).

Best regards,

Steffen
Ich bin auf dem Dorf aufgewachsen. Ich wurde nicht erzogen, ich habe ÜBERLEBT!

gordinir8

Yes I know that it is secured that way but still it is not tight inside the housing, the reason of the spring is to keep it (the breather) somehow loose, don't ask me why and I wonder if that can produce unwanted noises.

OldsCool!

Ok I see. It does have some freedome, that's fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

BR

Steffen
Ich bin auf dem Dorf aufgewachsen. Ich wurde nicht erzogen, ich habe ÜBERLEBT!