short introduction of a new member

Begonnen von Morag, 23 Oktober 2018, 20:29:30

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Morag

Failtè.

After having registered a while ago I'd like to introduce meself now as my project is about to really get going...and I might have the occasional question.

I am expat currently living and working in Bavaria (and still struggling with the local language  ;D although my German isn't too bad ).

I fell in love with them wee beemers a while ago...and am about to rebuild one basically from scratch now...got hold of a few cardboard boxes containing what looks like most of an R25/3, just missing the mudguards and a few minor parts...the rest certainly could do with some attention and a lick of paint here and there but I am pretty confident to have her back on the road sometime in mid 2019... pictures to follow once there is more to show than a lot of brown metal, I promise  :)

Cu, Morag
My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here
My heart's in the Highlands, a-voiding the deer

Morag

Borgward

Hi Morag,
a warm welcome in the best forum of the universe  - and in Bavaria...
Hubi

bwprice100

Hi Morag and welcome.

Brian

Sent by me using tapety talky

grahamjb

Welcome to the forum Morag, am looking forward to watching your R25 build

Cheers from Western Australia

Highland_Steve

Hi Morag,
warm welcome to the forum, congratulations on you new project. You will find people on the forum friendly and helpful.
Iam finally getting my R26 together having completed the oily bits ready to start assembly can't wait to see her finished.

† Oldtimerfahrer

Hello Morag,
a BMW with Rust (The brown collour)?
It must be a Unicate. 😉
Welcome

Gruß Rudi
2011 Schottland I 2012 Großglockner-Hochalpenstraße I 2013 Schottland I 2014 Lettland/Litauen I 2017 Südengland

Morag

Failtè.

Thanks for the nice welcome  :)

@Rudi: currently yes, but I am about to change that for good. Although it won't end up as black bike no. 346437 ;D . A while ago I saw some pictures of an R25/3 that from what I gathered came from France - and that plain grey-greenish look is what I am aiming at.
Easy to spot among most of the other bikes on the forum, but I will have to keep in mind to never ever park that bike somewhere in the woods - I would never be able to find it again ;D

Cu, Morag

† Norrie

Greetings Morag
Welcome to the most wonderful and the most knowledgeable group of individuals you will find anywhere  :blumen:
If you have any issues with the recommissioning of your R25/3 there will certainly be someone here who has been there before and can offer worthwhile suggestions. I remember seeing the blue/grey colour scheme you desire and being impressed - your machine will certainly stand out when finished.
I like your idea of moving to Germany, prior to starting the rebuild. This will save a small fortune in postal charges  :juhuu:.
Thank you for your comments on the ongoing progress of my machine. When running, on appropriate roads, they are very pleasant to ride and allow you time to enjoy the beautiful countryside  :bike:.
Slàinte mhor
:respekt:
Norrie