Side Mirror

Begonnen von guest917, 28 Oktober 2007, 14:51:53

« vorheriges - nächstes »

guest917

When I bought my R25/3 this summer it was fitted with what lookes like a moped mirror. I'd really like to change it with something better looking and better working. I've tried to search the internet for Danish suppliers, but so far without any luck. Please, if you have any ideas of what to use and where to buy, come forward.

guest917

Ben Friedl

Hello

Originally I had fitted a cheap Bumm mirror which i found terrible. It vibrated so much that it was almost impossible to see what was happening behind.
Because I wanted something classic looking I ended up getting this Halcyon bar end mirror. It is excellent! it doesn't vibrate at all, it has a slightly convex mirror so the field of view is quite satisfactory compared to it's size and it is very well made all stainless steel.
They are no longer produced so you can find them on special from the Halcyon site.
If you would like I can take some pictures of the mirror fitted to my bike

Ben

guest917

Thank you Ben, it looks really classy. I'll try to follow your advice and should i get lost, I'll come back to you!
Manfred

† Knut

Hi Ben,

looks nice this mirror mounted on the bars end.... but how to proceed if ox-eyes are mounted? Do ya have another recommendation for this possibility?

Cheers

Knut

guest917

Sorry Ben, I drew a blank! Searching for Halcyon gave very few hits, non of them with connection to MC parts. Could you try to give me more hints?

Ben Friedl

Hello Manfred

I took some pics of the mirror mounted on my bike.
I "think" this is where I bought the mirror from, http://www.classicpartsltd.com/classicmotorcyclemirrors.htm it was a while ago so I can't quite remember.

Ben

guest917

Thank you Ben, you've been very helpful. I just ordered one!
Manfred