elektronischer Spannungsregler BMW R26

Begonnen von Roy B, 19 November 2017, 19:45:02

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Roy B

Unfortunately my German is not that good so i hoop you will forgive me writing this down in Englisch.

I've got a small problem with the voltage regulator of my BMW R26. I'm currently restoring a R26 and installed an new regulator (this because the previous owner installed a external ugly thing regulator and cut all the wires coming out the alternator :\'( )

This brings me to the problem i am facing.

Al wires were cut so need to run a new cable from alternator to headlight. So far so good no problems.
But then installing the regulator and find out which wire runs to which connection.

I connected it as shown below in my paint diagram. Looks ok me but when the contact points are opened i've still measure a connection between 15 and ground is this oke? (i have found the black with diagrams on the internet)

http://nl.tinypic.com/r/15x8o48/9

Roy B

OldsCool!

Hi Roy,

check out the different wiring diagrams attached in this thread:

http://bmw-einzylinder.de/forum/index.php?topic=16880.msg238865#msg238865

Regulator is fine. Be aware that D+/"Plus Kohle" should be connected to 61 on the circuit board, and therefore also to the field coils (check diagrams).

What equipment do you use for measurement? Of course there is connection to ground from 15, but via several resistances (lights, ignition coil etc...). All together it is just some Ohms.

Let me know any further questions. The more you can tell in details, the better. English is just fine.

Best regards,

Steffen
Ich bin auf dem Dorf aufgewachsen. Ich wurde nicht erzogen, ich habe ÜBERLEBT!

Roy B

Thank you

If i look to this diagram, what i see is that 61 and d+ are connected in the regulator. So it should not mather if i connect it to pin 61 on the alternator board or to the regulator pin 61 and d+

http://bmw-einzylinder.de/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=16880.0;attach=59634;image

I use a multi meter to massure ohm resistans to the ground. So one pin on 15 and one on a ground (could be a bolt or negative on the battery etc. ) there is only a minor resistans with circuit board on.

bwprice100

Hi Roy

On my R26 pin 61 on the solid state regulator is not connected.

Some pictures here but I did originally connect pin 61.

https://goo.gl/photos/pAceV7ZMmRZhyQvj7

I hope this is of some help

Brian

Sent by me using tapety talky

Roy B

Thank you will have a closer look end of this week.

With the regulator ive got a letter which tells me to connect 61 and not connect d+. As its a open circuit between those two i think it should not mather

Roy B

Zitat von: bwprice100 am 20 November 2017, 19:13:57
Hi Roy

On my R26 pin 61 on the solid state regulator is not connected.

Some pictures here but I did originally connect pin 61.

https://goo.gl/photos/pAceV7ZMmRZhyQvj7

I hope this is of some help

Brian

Why did you disconnect 61? Did you connect wire of the anker to d+ ?

OldsCool!

Hi Roy,

Check that all lights are off and the breaker is open. Then you should have high(er) resistance. If it is still the same as if you put the ends of your multimeter directly together, then there must be a short circuit somewhere.

Best regards,

Steffen
Ich bin auf dem Dorf aufgewachsen. Ich wurde nicht erzogen, ich habe ÜBERLEBT!

bwprice100

Zitat von: Roy B am 20 November 2017, 21:26:53
Why did you disconnect 61? Did you connect wire of the anker to d+ ?
Because Rolf told me to :) and the wireing diagram shows nothing connected.

Originally I had the field resistance wire connected to 61 but that is also not connected to anything.

Brian

Roy B

Thank you. Check al diagrams and if i get it right it must be connected as below.

bwprice100

Zitat von: Roy B am 25 November 2017, 13:40:26
Thank you. Check al diagrams and if i get it right it must be connected as below.

That looks the same as mine Roy.

Brian

Roy B

Thank you. I change it on my bike to above diagram.

mekgyver

Hi Roy,
are you still reading ?

There is a simple rule in automotive electrics :
Connect Number to Number.

Where do you connect the generator-control-lamp ?

If you have a screw-contact 61 , search for another point with number 61.
Due to this rule (code of practice) you can use screw-point 61 at the electric regulator,
or the contact-plate in the generator.

best regards, mek  :prost:
... 73er-Gang

Roy B

Yes stiil reading.

The cables to the jeadlight arent the problem that part works fine and red light is on.

The problem is in the lima. The previous owner cutted al the cables so there is no reference.

Will test above option in my holiday end of this year.