R2 Transmission Gaskets

Begonnen von KillerTux, 31 März 2016, 20:22:34

« vorheriges - nächstes »

KillerTux

Hello All,
I am trying to replace the paper gaskets on the transmission of an R2 but I can't figure how to remove the gears so I can replace the gaskets. I attached some photos (not my transmission but the same) of the gasket areas. I was able to remove the screws in the front of the transmission but cant figure how it all comes out.

KillerTux

Tino

Puhhh, i overhauled a couple of R2 gearboxes in the past but the last one about 3 years ago.
If you only want to replace the gasket pull the coupling flange from the main drive shaft. Remove hex head screws at the rear bearing retainer. Pull the retainer, Heating up the retainer and housing is very usefull.
For a complete overhauling do the rest:
Remove the screws at the brass made front bearing retainer. This retainer fits very tight. Best is heating up the housing.
Disassembling the gearbox is very tricky. You have to remove the main shaft and counter gear at the same time.
Remove the kicker and the tiny flange on the back. Then remove the pin with the nut on the side shown in first pic. This pin fixes the shaft for the counter gear. Pull out the shaft with a hammer and an aluminium rod or something like that.
Then entrails should fall apart.
Hopefully i remembered well.
May the force be with you  ;D
I attach a pic of a section cut.
Regards Tino
Gott fragte die Steine: "Wollt ihr Starrrahmenfahrer werden?"
Verängstigt antworteten die Steine:"Nein,dafür sind wir nicht hart genug."

KillerTux

Thank you  :) I will give it a shot. I am also replacing the seals on the final drive and I have removed the drive shaft from the rubber "donut" and from the final drive. I can't figure how to remove the ends on the drive shaft so I can slide off the drive shaft cover that bolts to the final drive. Are both ends removable? Thank you for the guidance.

Tino

Hope i understood it right.
Do you mean F67F41b/1 and F67F50?
It needs a hydraulic press to remove these parts. I used a 10ton press. Maybe 5ton press will work also. Don´t know. Was a bit too easy with 10ton  ;D
Regards Tino
Gott fragte die Steine: "Wollt ihr Starrrahmenfahrer werden?"
Verängstigt antworteten die Steine:"Nein,dafür sind wir nicht hart genug."

KillerTux

Exactly, thanks. I will try to press those out.

KillerTux

Worked out great. Now on to the transmission.  :prost: