Electronic ignition 12V .

Begonnen von Ziggy Kroatien, 10 September 2008, 20:55:55

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Ziggy Kroatien

hello again from Croatia,well ......How to put It,...I will try to put electronic ignition on my "Benky" from scooter or similar motorcycle (range 125-250ccm with Acu.)  :spinnt: !

First, I need help if someone is try something similarly.
Second, I'm not gonna change originality in any kind(drill in housing ,or like that...).I want to get rid off well known problems with bad lightning,controlling contact breaker after long run or ignition until my foot brake off .
I know U gonna say,"This is blasphemy,you poor bastard"   but I'm gonna do ti,Period.
My Dad is great and precise turner,and he work for apr.19 years in Winterthur(Switzerland) in Sulzer(my birth city) ,One problem solved (Turner for free).
I found  one new complete ignition for tryout, ans sits perfectly.But i am worry about the Hardness in higher rpm-s,Or am I wrong?

some pic:

Please any idea is wellcome.
PS:
If I miss similar thema on forum ,,My apologise

Ziggy Kroatien

kruemel

hello ziggy, respect!!!

what kind of scooter did you use? i hope your lima will produce enough energy as the scooters have higher rpm... please keep us informed about your results!
Forums "Kernkruemel" ;-)
BMW R24 und Isetta 300

Ziggy Kroatien

Frankly,don't know,but surely made by China  :-X .Oh yeah power of 80Watts!

Risky

Zitat von: Ziggy Kroatien am 10 September 2008, 21:47:27
Frankly,don't know,but surely made by China  :-X .Oh yeah power of 80Watts!
Sorry, not China.
It is "Made in India" as it is written on the Starterwheel(?).

And: what you do is no blasphemy.
As long you can put back every original thing into its original position everything is allowed.

Thilo
Bedenke: Wo immer du hin gehst, da bist du dann auch

R 25/3  1954    Citroën AMI 6  1964    Ducati Multistrada PP  2013

isie

Hi,
... would it not be by far easier to install one of these MTZ (?) 12V- gen-reg-igition- systems as offered for r25 - r27 "ready to install kits" at some 500 E, BTW ?
Regards
Ingo

Ziggy Kroatien

I want to show one bike with scooter ignition and works perfectly!Acu heave purpose just for quality lights,but it can run without them!In fact ,works like a simple 2-strokes maschine.
Unfortunately owner of this bike past last week,and this is like a little contribution for Mr.Drago!
Rest in peace!

Horex Regina 1952
:respekt:

Ziggy Kroatien

Zitat von: isie am 10 September 2008, 22:44:27
Hi,
... would it not be by far easier to install one of these MTZ (?) 12V- gen-reg-igition- systems as offered for r25 - r27 "ready to install kits" at some 500 E, BTW ?
Regards
Ingo

Frankly scooter ignition can buy in Croatia for 40-50€,so BTW my opinion is ,500€ is throwing money,No hard feelings! :-\\

† Knut

Hey Guys,

I can imagine that it will work. But please turn the rotor that the magnet will show towards the engine  ;D
Keep in mind, that most of the scooter ignitions have no adjustment of the premature ignition versus the speed range. The two-stroke engines are not so sensitive in terms of a "wrong" moment of ignition at idle speed but a four-stroke engine.
As far as I can see, no black box for adaption of the ignition point is included in the shown system, so you have to try what moment of ignition will fits best at lower and higher speeds. I assume that it will be around 30° before dead point but only with a higher and "rough" idle speed.

Another remark concerning the power of the alternator. For sure it will give you the 80 Watts but not till about 5000 rpm. At lower speed, the power drops down to very low watts. That's a common characteristic of a flywheel magneto and really not comparable to the characteristic of the "normal" alternator of the R25, where the max. power is given at low speeds.
However, a most welcome behaviour of magnetos is, that a battery is not necessary or the engine starts also with an empty battery.

All the best

Knut

Ziggy Kroatien

Zitat von: Knut am 11 September 2008, 10:07:56
Hey Guys,

I can imagine that it will work. But please turn the rotor that the magnet will show towards the engine  ;D
Keep in mind, that most of the scooter ignitions have no adjustment of the premature ignition versus the speed range. The two-stroke engines are not so sensitive in terms of a "wrong" moment of ignition at idle speed but a four-stroke engine.
As far as I can see, no black box for adaption of the ignition point is included in the shown system, so you have to try what moment of ignition will fits best at lower and higher speeds. I assume that it will be around 30° before dead point but only with a higher and "rough" idle speed.

Another remark concerning the power of the alternator. For sure it will give you the 80 Watts but not till about 5000 rpm. At lower speed, the power drops down to very low watts. That's a common characteristic of a flywheel magneto and really not comparable to the characteristic of the "normal" alternator of the R25, where the max. power is given at low speeds.
However, a most welcome behaviour of magnetos is, that a battery is not necessary or the engine starts also with an empty battery.

All the best

Knut
Thanks for this expert reply,and i dig a little and find how to fix this problem with adaptation for pre ignition.I find one ignition of Baotian 4-T scooter with special CDI witch can self adapt for 4-t engines.
Whole compl. can buy for 100€ (brand new)
Look at chapter 14..

Ziggy Kroatien

My new plan...
Finally i find one that will suite...

and some tools(homegrown.....)

I will inform you about next steps..
See you.

rolf

I'll hope you don't need all wires? ;D
Otherwise,it looks good.....for electronic ;D

Ziggy Kroatien

Zitat von: rolf am 29 Januar 2009, 19:56:29
I'll hope you don't need all wires? ;D
Otherwise,it looks good.....for electronic ;D
I hope so! Just kidding, alles zusammen ich habe gakaufe für 20 euros... :juhuu:, poor guy...

bwprice100

Hi Ziggy

A very interesting project; I am also in the position where I have to sort out the charging and ignition for my R26 and your project has given me an idea for my bike.

A few questions:-

Do you know the part number and model of bike your system came from?
How did you attach this to the end of the crank shaft?

Brian
UK
eBolt
Engineering Solutions
www.eBolt.co.uk
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ToolsAndBolts
bprice@eBolt.co.uk
Tel. 020 8133 5241
Skype ID bwprice100

† odeon8

Hi Brian,

welcome to our Forum.

Is it true: £10.81 for ONE bolt ?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/dll?ViewItem&item=220308715396

Thomas  :o
HUBRAUMISTDURCHNIXZUERSETZENAUSSERDURCHNOCHMEHRHUBRAUM

carlos

Hi Thomas

"S/S FLANGE HEX HEAD BOLT M8 x 50 PK 10"   ...

das heißt doch wohl M8 x 50       ---   PK 10 = 10 Stück ...   :oberlehrer:

;)

Carlos
Männer heiraten Frauen, weil sie glauben, die bleiben so --- Frauen heiraten Männer, weil sie glauben, sie könnten sie ändern .....

† odeon8

ok, Carlos, das sind dann EUR 12,16 für 10 Stück + Shipping.
Könnte man(n) akzeptieren.
Ich kaufe meine V2A Schrauben aber lieber hier

Thomas  :gewissen:

Ben Friedl

Hi Thoma, if you look carefully they are a special flanged head "S/S FLANGE HEX HEAD " I guess that's why they are so much more expensive

Zitat von: odeon8 am 31 Januar 2009, 23:26:45
ok, Carlos, das sind dann EUR 12,16 für 10 Stück + Shipping.
Könnte man(n) akzeptieren.
Ich kaufe meine V2A Schrauben aber lieber hier

Thomas  :gewissen:

bwprice100

Zitat von: odeon8 am 30 Januar 2009, 16:55:12
Hi Brian,

welcome to our Forum.

Is it true: £10.81 for ONE bolt ?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/dll?ViewItem&item=220308715396

Thomas  :o

Unfortunatly its for a pack of ten; your not the bolt police are you? :)

† odeon8

Police ?

CERTAINLY NOT !!!

Just askin´ ...

Thomas a(fter having made some M6x25 SW9 for 1€ each  ;)  )

fidel_98_99

very interesting plan!!
I hope it works because i want to try it myself!!!