BMW R 25, 1951. new project finished

Begonnen von Dane Restorations, 10 September 2016, 21:42:34

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Dane Restorations

Dear all, I have finished one more R 25, now as a two seater, with powerdynamo 12V electrical upgrade, new Keihin carburettor and few modern details like H4 front beam, brake switch for front brake, new brake and clutch levers etc...I hope you like it...best regards, Danijel

Dane Restorations

† Will

A very nice restoration. :applaus:
For me function is slightly more important than originality, though some may disagree.
I really must start on my R27 again before the winter arrives again.
R25/3 + R65LS. The R27 has found a new home.
I was not lost, my GPS just found a different way back.

Dappsull

Congrats, looks nice! The Keihin works well?
Cheers
D.

Dane Restorations

Thanks Will,

Often when I am restoring bikes for my friends and so called clients they asking me to strictly follow the orginality. It is ok with me, took a little longer to achieve all appropriate parts, but when they start drive the bike, they often say to me - I think that we should upgrade few things, because now I can see the old solutions in new traffic environment - something is to be upgraded if you want to use bike almost every day (without endless preparation).

Because of this, and because this is motorcycle which I bought in boxes long time ago, without certain parts, I decided to create exactly the form of the bike about everybody discused about after I deliver them their 100% original bike...

I decided not to follow strictly the originality, but to import few new things, all related with road dinamics and ergonomy. Motorcycle is for sale, and if somebody share my vision I am open to negotiations....

Dane Restorations

About Keihin, good question..

Generaly carburettor suits the engine.

To assemble it on the cylinder head I should create a small distance between the carb and the head, also If somebody decide to do the same with similar carb it is important to measure total distance between head intake and battery (false battery box in my case). It is tight when you must add a joint part for the carb.

In ride engine runs very well, smooth, reaction on throtlle is a little bit faster, and fuel consumption is lower than with original carb.

Engine cant achieve cold start with keihin mounted choke device (tested during summer time), and I think that choke wont be used in any case.

There is only "negative" item which is noticeable with keihin. Cold engine very slow achieve working temperature and normal idle speed. If you dont start the drive and if you want to warm it up on position it tooks up to 10 min to get temperature and idle speed. I think that is a result of total quantity of mixture sucted on idle, and which is less than in original carb due to keihin is much more precise in mettering.

In general, I am satisfied

Karl

@ Dane: Čestitam - to ti je zaista odlično uspjelo  :applaus:  Samo stražnje svjetlo je nekako ćudno ...
Support this Board: Wer das Forum unterstützen möchte, kann das gerne per PAYPAL machen. Und hier findet Ihr meine Amazon Wunschliste.

Dane Restorations

Thanks Karl, yes indeed, rear light housing is different that usuall...I had few reasons to use this shape:

First: original one was without glass for stop-light and it was in very bad condition...I had the same problem like I have had on previous R25 (mentioned in my blog). For it I have bought new one with adittional stop position.

In the Reality I had two anotations on it. First it is difficult for me here to find old-fashioned bulbs (cilindric shape) on 12V issue. The second was a notice during registration process in Croatia when authorities wasnt satisfied with amount of light dispersed on the registration plate (unfortunally we have Extra large registration plates here).

Due to that for this bike I used this aftermarket piece because it is housing normal two-functional 12V bulb as in present cars and it is more overhead the plate than older one. Total amount of light is better, and there was no problem on registration...

To fulfill the originality, I have mounted it on the exactly the same position as the original one, so in case of change there will be no problem with adjusting of original one on the fender.

bwprice100

Very nice and thanks for sharing.
:)
Brian

www.eBolt.co.uk www.ToolroomChucks.co.uk