Paint r25/2

Begonnen von Anto, 06 Oktober 2018, 20:31:37

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Anto

hello, I would like to know if any of you have done a painting system that gives the original visual effect of the 50s varnishes and not of today's brilliant super varnishes. The bike is the r25 / 2 black with light cream and silver threads for the central part of the rims and various details. I'm interested in the method followed. Thank you for your kind answers and kind regards

Anto

92fzr

sorry, I already tried the paint manufacturers, unfortunately without success.
I would also be interested.
Greeting Dirk
Google translated
Gruß Dirk 92fzr

Anto

Hi Dirk. It seems that nobody knows exactly how to do it. I have read something about the products of the company Lechler but in their published lists of color codes does not appear the R25. I contacted the Internet and I'm waiting for some information from them.
The common coachbuilders can do something resembling but we see that they use modern products. The old paints however are forbidden as you know well. I always have the same problem every time I restore old motorcycles or cars. I do not like having an old-fashioned but super-shiny or matte-painted bike ... and it shows. I see shiny motorcycles that have never been new. If you have to paint, it's too good for you. Hello

Anto

My r25 has a beautiful frame held well with its original paint also kept well but unfortunately the tank and fenders have been repainted by the previous owner. The two things contrast and I must find the remedy that will eventually lead to repaint everything with my real displeasure. ........ sigh !!! Fortunately, no one has polished the engine that has kept that beautiful old patina that gives the sense of ... lived but also then will be contrasting with the new painted body. A greeting

92fzr

Hello, I tried it with Lechler for my Goliath GD 750.
Unfortunately, without success, despite
Color reader, the color tone, etc. could not be postponed.
I also spoke to BMW, they also do not know what was mixed together at that time.

LG Dirk
Gruß Dirk 92fzr

Anto

Anto

Do you confirm the RAL 9005, 9001, 9006 codes? Thank you

Hauptmenü

Anleitungen & Bücher Baureihe Specials Startseite Vergleichsliste

Presse & Wissen

Bauzeiten & Stückzahlen Historisches Liste der BMW Modelle Presseberichte Prospekte & Plakate

Foren & Literatur

Bildergalerie Bildtafel-Suche Forum: Boxerforum Handbücher Servicedaten

Allgemeine Infos

Bildtafelsuche Glossar Impressum Kontakt Sitemap

Tipps & Service

Dienstleister Händler Märkte & Museen Tipps Verschleißteile & Werkzeuge