Police R27 & Isetta with Electronic Boster

Begonnen von Jollyjester, 06 Oktober 2017, 18:14:57

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Jollyjester

I was at a BMW / Classic Car Invitation Event in Connecticut just out from N.Y. State, 2 weeks ago.
I saw this Police Isetta , and an R27 in full Polizei Rig

The Isetta was used to pursue mobility scooters fleeing from supermarket robberies
The owner told me the 3 wheeler was difficult to start. They fitted this Velleman K2543. Cost in UK is under £15.00, 20 euro.  For 6 volt you do have to change some components on the printed circuit board. Now it starts 1st time with a spark that 'cracks', bright blue and loud.

Has anyone any experience of these, at the price, may be worth a try? It was also on the R27 so does perform on single cylinder bikes

Got to ride a '38 R51, ex UK, ditto an R17. My 'old' R5, owned for 1966 – 1985 was over in L/A. at Vintage German Motorcycles having something sorted.

Jollyjester

bwprice100

Looks interesting Robert.

Sent by me using tapety talky

rolf

Hey jollyjester,
"The Isetta was used to pursue mobility scooters fleeing from supermarket robberies".was wrong....it was a "normal" police car....for transporting policemen in rural regions...instead of Bycicles or something else

Difficult to start?? No more than our bikes....and the isetta has 12Volts (and an elektro starter)

Heiko

And the R 27 seems to be overdressed and not original in details. Sorry for that. I do not know an old BMW in German police style with an extra blue flashing light, an extra siren and those extra equipment fitted from any old picture but maybe i can learn something.  ;)

And the ignition? For what is it useful without removing the old contact breaker?

Heiko
Ariel motorcycles... upon which the sun never sets.