Zofia is 100% correct

Begonnen von Jollyjester, 02 Juli 2018, 18:17:12

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Jollyjester

Zofia is 100% correct
A couple of years ago and I fitted an electronic regulator, to the R25, as supplied by Zofia.  In his information he said it would operate without a battery or a flat battery.  I had unknowingly proved this yesterday.
Decided to take a ride out to a local garden centre, about 20 miles away, just for the pleasure of riding.  On the way I had to go to reserve fuel, so decided to carry onto the next town, Somersham.  Having paid, found the R25, would not start, nearly fire the engine, but not.  So resorted to the usual state of affairs, in the fifties and sixties, bump start the bike.  Select second gear, fuel on, ignition on, pull back upon compression, push for 5 - 6 steps, drop the clutch and the motor fires.  Remember to withdrawal the clutch immediately or you fall flat and yourface the bike disappears over the horizon.  Quite easy with a light weight such as the R25, but with a1938, 500 Triumph, in the late 1950s, and being a teenage 48 kilo. weakling, not so easy.  Now I am  a 68 kilo weakling
As it seemed to be running OK I thought better of going to the garden centre in case I could not start it again,so returned home.  After lunch I decided to see if I could kick start the bike.  No power!  Looking down, the negative earth cable, was flapping about in the breeze completely disconnected for the battery, the securing nut and bolt and also gone, that was obviously why it would not start, but presumably the cable was still making some sort of contact initially.
Found another nut and bolt,  secured that tightly, started first kick.  What this is proved is that Zofia's regulator ran OK for 22 miles, with lights on, but no battery.
I'm not sure if he supplies these items anymore via E bay, but you can certainly get them from the usual dealers in Germany something between 80 and €100.

Jollyjester