Rewire my extra bmw r26

Begonnen von Misah, 03 April 2021, 23:08:33

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Misah

hi all,

i finished my r26 Swiss blue, and it is in my opinion a nice bike... I drive a lot with my friends.

I have a lot of extra r26 stuff, and therefore I bought some extra and now I'm complete for a second bmw R26. :)

One of the items still to manage, is a total new Rewiring for the electronics. nothing is there, so i need to build it from scratch.

For me not so difficult,  I have a electronic background and will manage extra wires for changing the Coil under the tank etc.

my question is , has somebody the exact length of the total strings of wires ?... I mean, I need the exact length of the part to the main head light,, to the down under of the engine.... to the Battery.. etc

did somebody make that overview  in mm of inches ? :)

the wiring colors and thickness of the wiring  is no problem... it is the length of the total individual bundles of wires.

i bought on Aliexpress the right tape, so that is fine too.

Misah

Taz

Hi.

That situation you describe is a usual phenomenon...you start picking up the odd spare part and then there comes the time when you all of a sudden realise that you could build a complete bike straight off the shelves and out of the boxes...and still would have enough spare parts to cover every failing part ;D

The cables...as fas as I know this list doesn't exist...although I am sure that the information is around somewhere, as most of the dealers offer new wiring harnesses for all the models - and they won't have one inch of cable to give away...

Maybe another member has a complete, if damaged harness somewhere in a dark corner of the garage that would just be good enough to serve as template...

Good luck, Ute
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

OldsCool!

Hi Misah,

I did the wiring by myself, and just bought "enough" cables to easily do the work. A rough guess about the distance from point to point, and then add a meter or two. Cutting off is not the deal right? And so you can leave it a bit longer to smoothly connect in the light or at the battery, compared to a pre-fabricated wiring harness.

Best regards,

Steffen
Ich bin auf dem Dorf aufgewachsen. Ich wurde nicht erzogen, ich habe ÜBERLEBT!

NordmannR26

Hi Misah,
of I understand your question right, you can find
the answer in the literature collection of this wonderful
forum. The R26 spare listing includes the length of all
harness wiring components on table #7.

Kindly
Rüdiger
Ich kann alles...ist nur eine Frage der Zeit.

Misah

hi all,

I made it before for my first r26, that i sold for a r50/2,, but the wiring harness , (a new word for me :)) but the harnas is routed on a particular way that is will nog scratch on the paint..of frame and others...
When somebody had a exact measurement, it would be handy.. but I will manage and check out above... thanks all .   :)

i have all kind of stuff from restoring the holes in the mudguard to restore  the engine,, spokes in the weels... polishing a bit... hahahah. on this moment is mainly rost in 1000 pieces...

on the end i want to exchange the complete r26 motorbike against a r75/5...

Borgward

Hi Misah,
as Rüdiger wrote you can find the exact data in

for your convenience here is the copy of the relevant page

Hubi

Taz

Misah,

as Rüdiger pointed out, download that file, pages 30-31 will provide you with a list of all the required cables, including cross sections, colours and lengths down to the very millimeter, plus all the other stuff needed to rebuild that wiring harness from scratch...

no more excuses...

Have fun, Taz

rats, Hubi was faster....

PS: Rüdiger:  :applaus: Respekt, da hab ich wieder was gelernt...
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

Misah

hi all,
you are all much faster than i can read.... thanks all :)

have a nice long weekend, happy Easter 

regards,
marty