Repair to Lichtmaschinenanker Slot , Schlitznut ??

Begonnen von Jollyjester, 17 August 2020, 10:38:21

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Jollyjester

Lichtmaschinenanker

Has anyone found a way to repair the location 'slot'  on the end of the Armature, (Lichtmaschinenanker), that the spark  advance unit locates into.

Over the years this location slot has worn and thus the whole unit can be incorrect by several degrees .

I do not think 'solder' would 'take' on the steel shaft. Any Ideas??

Jollyjester

OldsCool!

Hi Jolly,

You might want to try welding and then restore the slot, but finally the spark advancer should be fixed by the screw tight enough to not move even in a worn out location slot. Just be sure the slot has a defined rectangular shape and is not steplike or sloped so that the advancer could settle in an improper way.
Keeping the worn out slot you can use it additionally to the breaker to set the correct adjustment range.

Best regards,

Steffen
Ich bin auf dem Dorf aufgewachsen. Ich wurde nicht erzogen, ich habe ÜBERLEBT!

Taz

Steffen has beaten me to the answer... I'd also go for the welding and filing option, covering the wires thoroughly and working slowly to avoid too much heat should do the trick...
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

Kurt in S.A.

With a worn slot and to keep things from changing, the idea is to rotate the advance unit to one side of the slot or the other so that the movement of the engine keeps it tight up against the limit.  This is done and held in position while the bolt is tightened down.  The usual adjustments for timing are then made.

Kurt
Kurt in S.A.

Jollyjester

Many  thanks People

I have been doing what Kurt suggested, for many years, by moving the rotor and locking against the shaft one can get a 'finer' adjustment.

so I will continue in that mode. Just though someone may have found a 'tip'

Case closed

Stay safe

rolf.soler

The repair of this slot in the rotor for the centrifugal advance is offered by some BMW-dealers ! and not even expensive
a quick check shows that e.g. Stemler Motorrad
offers this repair as "spare part No." 00 00 0 000 290 -  in the price list for 50 € excl. VAT
I didn't check with other dealers such as Rabenbauer or Huggett or....but I guess that others do it , too. Just phone and ask (for some dealers, there is no use to send an e-mail....
I do welder a bit, but I'm an amateur at best, and I personally would never welder on a rotor ("Anker"); much too afraid to destroy it. And I would repair it, it doesn't get better with time
better spend the 50 € and postage . If the rotor is damaged, it's the dealers problem, not yours....