my R50s for sale on ebay !!!1

Begonnen von Jollyjester, 28 August 2018, 11:37:25

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Jollyjester

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Klassik-Motorrad-4-12-MV-Agusta-Dreizylinder-BMW-R-50-S-Yamaha-FZ-750-Harley/232076830495?hash=item3608db671f:g:0ZMAAOSwv0tU8Ft3

My R50S for sale on Ebay!  Actually it is a copy of the magazine Klassic Motorrad, , No.4 from August 2012.  The photographs and text are by Philip Tooth, and the location is the road called Needham Bank between Friday Bridge and Upwell.  There are action shots on the road, and also yours truly in his alter ego as the Jolly Jester Fire Eating.

I am prepared to autograph it for you, for only a few euros!!!  Donated to the forum charity.  I purchased the bike 26 March1963, from AFN Ltd. and sold in February 2013, somewhat reluctantly, but we needed a new kitchen, units, oven etc.  And of the shower room needed refitting.

Incidentally, AFN Ltd. Falcon Works, London Rd, Isleworth were the importers of BMWs of from June 1935 till March 1963.  I purchased the last new BMW they ever sold, by that time, BMW Germany had set up their own outfit in Portslade, close to Brighton.  That was in 1958, when they started to bring in the Isetta, to this end also motorcycles supplying the English market, and AFN pulled out of motorcycles, and went over to Porsche.

AFN, which stood for Archie Frazer Nash, made cars from just after the First World War, using 3 speed  chain system, a similar to that used on bicycles, the chain jumps from one sprocket to another one to another to alter gearing.  They were lightweight and very fast.  In 1935 AFN wanted to use a new six cylinder sports engine from BMW, so the deal was, BMW supplied the engines and right hand drive bodies, which were assembled by AFN who added their own bits, and they were badged  officially as Frazer Nash BMW.  You now need in excess of €250,000 to think about buying one.

But BMW saw this as a toehold into the English market, and insisted that if AFN  took the engines to make the cars they must also take the motorcycles. 

The first motorcycle AFN sold was an R17, 13/06/1935.  Between then and September 1939 they sold in excess of 220 BMWs. No R35's were imported.

Here end'eth the first lesson

I am actually the registrar for administering the AFN archive pre and post war, so if you're lucky enough to get an English BMW, sold in that period of time I could most likely help you with quite a lot of information.

Lecture over.

Jollyjester

Taz

Thanks for enlightening us...so in order to get a signed copy of the magazine we would have to purchase one, send it over to GB to you and you would send it back after raising the value considerably, right?

Sounds tempting... :thumbsup:
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)