BenF

I have forgotten my password to login so that i can upload a pic

Help anyone

Thanks
Ben

BenF

† Knut

Hi Ben,

wait for Karl, he will help you. He locked in @ 3.15 pm last time.
Do ya tried the "secret question" ??

Cheers to Greece

Knut

Ben Friedl

Hi Knut, I  got there with a little German translation, thanks :D

Ben

Zitat von: Knut am 06 September 2007, 19:20:40
Hi Ben,

wait for Karl, he will help you. He locked in @ 3.15 pm last time.
Do ya tried the "secret question" ??

Cheers to Greece

Knut

Karl

Hello Ben,

no problem - it`s very easy to retrieve your password.

1) click on "Login" ("Login"-Link in the LOWER menu bar)

2) In the next window you will see some input fields (Benutzername, Password, ...)
click on "Passwort vergessen?" ("Forgot password"?)

3) "Passwort erinnern": Enter your email-address, click on "ok". Your password will be send to your mailaddress from your profile.

Thats the only way to retrieve your password.

Good luck,
Karl
Support this Board: Wer das Forum unterstützen möchte, kann das gerne per PAYPAL machen. Und hier findet Ihr meine Amazon Wunschliste.

Kurt in S.A.

Is there a way to stay logged in from visit to visit?  I also seem to have to enter my password twice to log in.  First, I enter the username and password in the upper left corner.  Then I get a second screen with my username and I have to enter the exact same password again.  Then I'm logged in.  However, if I leave the forum and return later, I have to repeat the double login steps.

Thanks for any help...Kurt in S.A.
Kurt in S.A.

Taz

Hello Kurt.

When you are logging in you should make sure that the drop-down list on the right side of the credentials' text boxes is showing "immer" (=forever).

If this is already the case and you are still required to log in every time you return to the forum then your browser settings may keep you from staying logged on permanently...but I am sure that Karl can turn you to the right settings to ensure that all's well on this side.

Best regards, Tas
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

† Knut

in addition it must be allowed on your PC to set "cookies"

Knut

Kurt in S.A.

Zitat von: Tassilo am 12 August 2010, 10:08:15
Hello Kurt.

When you are logging in you should make sure that the drop-down list on the right side of the credentials' text boxes is showing "immer" (=forever).

If this is already the case and you are still required to log in every time you return to the forum then your browser settings may keep you from staying logged on permanently...but I am sure that Karl can turn you to the right settings to ensure that all's well on this side.

Best regards, Tas

Tas -

Yes, "immer" is showing when I log in.  BTW, I know I'm just the usual "American" but even though this is the English part of the forum, it's taking me some time to figure out all of the German words for Reply, Quote, etc.  I guess my college German course didn't stick too well!!

I have a medium level of security which in IE8 allows a certain amount of cookies, but not all.  I am logged into probably 5-6 other forums and remain logged in for many days.  So I don't know what is different about this forum/website.

Kurt in S.A.
Kurt in S.A.

Taz

Hello Kurt.

Yes, the English part of the forum unfortunately means only the discussions are (mostly ;)) in English, but all the rest remains German.

Well, I am not familiar with IE8.0 so I am afraid this will be Karl-territory...maybe he knows where the problem is...

Sorry for not being able to give you a hand, Tas
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

Kurt in S.A.

Hello -

I still have to enter my user name and password twice each time I visit the forum.  Once logged in, it won't remember me if I have to visit the site later in the day.  Any ideas what's going on!

Thanks...Kurt in S.A.
Kurt in S.A.

bullet

Possibly your browser deletes all cookies at shutdown.  I adjusted my browser to do so...

Cheers,
HaGü

Kurt in S.A.

Zitat von: bullet am 27 August 2010, 23:03:25
Possibly your browser deletes all cookies at shutdown.  I adjusted my browser to do so...

Would my browser do this only for this forum?  I'm logged in (for days) on 5-6 other forums and I'm fine whenever I revisit them.  How would I check something like that, as unlikely as it might be?

BTW...since I visited the forum a few minutes ago, I did not reboot or shutdown my machine.  I did leave my browser and come back, though.

Kurt in S.A.
Kurt in S.A.

Karl

Kurt, to be honest - I don't have any idea why this happens :-/

It could be a security setting of IE8.
IE8 has a "compatibility mode". Try this. If it doesnt work - try Mozilla Firefox. I think this is really an IE-Problem.

Regards
Karl
Support this Board: Wer das Forum unterstützen möchte, kann das gerne per PAYPAL machen. Und hier findet Ihr meine Amazon Wunschliste.

Kurt in S.A.

Zitat von: Karl am 27 August 2010, 23:59:29
It could be a security setting of IE8. IE8 has a "compatibility mode". Try this. If it doesnt work - try Mozilla Firefox. I think this is really an IE-Problem.

I'm aware of the compatibility mode, although I don't know much about it.  I did try selecting that feature and IE8 told me I was in that mode.  I then logged in (twice!), navigated away to other websites, and came back here...again, I was not logged in.  I don't know if there's a way to tell IE8 "when you visit R25-Bike.DE, convert to compatibility mode".  Once I leave and come back, things are reset.   :kopfhau:

I use Mozilla on a laptop which runs Win2000...frankly, I'm not that impressed with Firefox.

Kurt in S.A.
Kurt in S.A.

Karl

Kurt, I have an idea - it could be a question of URL.

Try this one: www.BMW-Einzylinder.de

The forum has several url, but this is the main one.

Regards
Karl

Kurt in S.A.

Zitat von: Karl am 28 August 2010, 08:42:40
Try this one: www.BMW-Einzylinder.de

You da man!   :applaus:  That made a difference.  I went there, logged in, navigated away and came back...still logged in.  So, I'll bookmark this one.  Do the two URLs point to the same place?

Thanks...Kurt in S.A.
Kurt in S.A.

Karl

Knut, the forum is configured for the BMW-url; all others are just pointing to it.
The forum-software places a "Cookie" named "[YourPC-Name]@BMW-Einzylinder.de".
So if you start the forum via "www.R25-Bike.de" (or: BMW-R25.de/.com), the forum doesn´t recognize it.

I´m glad I could help you   ;-)

Hauptmenü

Anleitungen & Bücher Baureihe Specials Startseite Vergleichsliste

Presse & Wissen

Bauzeiten & Stückzahlen Historisches Liste der BMW Modelle Presseberichte Prospekte & Plakate

Foren & Literatur

Bildergalerie Bildtafel-Suche Forum: Boxerforum Handbücher Servicedaten

Allgemeine Infos

Bildtafelsuche Glossar Impressum Kontakt Sitemap

Tipps & Service

Dienstleister Händler Märkte & Museen Tipps Verschleißteile & Werkzeuge