switch R3 1936

Begonnen von Jollyjester, 01 Mai 2019, 09:26:02

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Jollyjester

Im nearing the completion of my 1936 BMW R3 restoration and am really struggling to sort out the key for the headlight. I dont think its a standard headlight for this model (might be R11 for example??) so its hard to ask question formally.

One - Does anyone recognise this headlight?
Two - Does anyone know what the key looks like and where I could get one (or measurements so I can make one)?

I think its the same as this link so I can just make out the key shape but not the dimensions.

https://www.simonsoldmotorcycleparts.com/bosch-tp42-koplamp-motorcycle-headlamp-motorrad-scheinwerfer-1930s/

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Andrew

Jollyjester

rolf

Hey Andrew,
this is a wrong headlight. The R3 has the same as the R4 Serie 5......with a small round "Walzentacho".

WaldemaR25/3

Hi Andrew,

went hunting for you, found this guy who has actually reproduced
some R4 headlights for the so called small round "Walzentacho"
as mentioned by rolf:
https://www.bmw-r35.de/lampen/
He also has some other spare parts for your R3, could be a helpfull link  :thumbsup:
Regards

Bert
Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen! (D. Hildebrandt)

Jollyjester

very many thanks for that, I am posting these requests to help another Gentleman

If anyone else can contribute more , please do, otherwise I think we have this resolved

The Jolly Jester