Greetings!

Begonnen von guyfang, 13 November 2010, 10:23:50

« vorheriges - nächstes »

guyfang

Greetings!
My name is Guy Wiltfang. As I am new to your forum, I thought I should present myself. I am an American, living in Burgkunstadt, Germany. I speak and read fair German, but write it badly. I am 56 years old, and have two sons who also are interested in motorcycles. Between the three of us we have 8 bikes! My youngest brought home a BMW R23, almost complete (but needs work), and another R23 that is in bad shape and needs a motor. I hope my son will join this forum soon. I have read some of your Tips & Tricks and am impressed. You all sound like you have a world of experience and knowledge! I hope we can not only profit from your collective experience and knowledge, but contribute to it. It will take me a while to read back through your posts, but once I have done that, I may start asking questions. Please have patience with this old soldier. I type slow, and badly. I also work away from home a lot, so my answers may take several days. I have turned a lot of wrenches, in the last 35 years, but not much on Motorcycles. So I will have lots of questions. Take care all, and have a nice weekend!

Guy (guyfang) Wiltfang

guyfang

GüllepumpeCH

Hello Guy

Welcom to the forum of the crazy people. Dont't worry about your German. Even Swiss people will be understanded here  :D  sometimes   ;D

greets from a pirat of the mountains

Daniel
Lieber länger unterwegs sein, als früher ankommen.

Taz

Hello Guy.

Welcome to our (and now your's as well) forum.

It sounds as if you have some challenges in front of you (at least bikwise) but I am pretty sure that we can get these bikes back to where they belong...i.e. on the road :bike:

Please don't hesitate to ask questions (whether in German or English won't make such a big difference, although some of the more specific words may not come to mind readily in English-so apart from technical assistance some answers will have an entertaining side as well ;D).

Good luck with your bikes and have a nice weekend, Tas

PS: If you do have some pictures of these bikes we'd love to see them...it makes talking about the machines much more easy.
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

euro518

Hello Guy & Son's. I too am relatively new to the forum. My German is much like yours but the group has been kind enough to answer in English. Not only are they very knowledgeable, they are also kind when replying to a Schrauber-Lehrling like myself. Like you (and most others) have several projects on the go. My latest is a 1958 R26 with carb, throttle and electrical (Vergaser, Gas und Elektro) issues which the forum walked me through.

Kevin
Saskatoon, Canada

Kurt in S.A.

Greetings from another part of North America!  Yes, the collection of knowledge here is great and can provide tremendous help to sort through the single cylinder issues.

While my German is basically non-existent, I have ended up in the English forum down the board for people like me...cut-n-pasting into Google only does so much!   :kopfhau:  Looking forward to hearing about your progress.

Kurt in S.A.
Kurt in S.A.

rolf.soler

Zitat von: Kurt in S.A. am 13 November 2010, 15:41:06
cut-n-pasting into Google only does so much!
;D
Let's try: this is the google translation of your post (english-> german):

Grüße aus einem anderen Teil von Nordamerika! Ja, das ist die Sammlung von Wissen hier groß und kann eine enorme Hilfe, um durch die einzelnen Zylinder Themen sortieren können.

Während mein Deutsch ist im Grunde nicht existent, ich habe dich im englischen Forum das Brett für Leute wie mich beendet ... Cut-n-Einfügen in Google nur, dass so viel! Wir freuen uns über Ihre Fortschritte zu hören.

Kurt in S.A.

and now back from this to english:

Greetings from another part of North America! Yes, this is the collection of knowledge here in size and can be a tremendous help they can to sort through each cylinder issues.

While my German is basically non-existent, I have you finished the board in the English forum for people like me ... Cut-n-paste into Google only do so much! We are pleased with your progress heard.

Kurt in SA

;D

By the way: welcome, guyfang

bullet

Welcome Guyfang!

When it comes to translation, I found a great help in Leo.  Quite well maintained, technical terms are also there.  And less confusing than Google translations, at least in the long run.  Happy  :schrauber: and  :bike: !

Hans-Günter

guyfang

All,

Thank you for the warm welcome! I hope to hear and see some of you in the future face to face. Several of you live here in Franken, so maybe at the Kathi! Ride safe, and wish you all a nice day.

MFG, Guyfang

Kaltstart

Hallo guyfang,

willkommen im Forum!
Alte Liebe rostet nicht.

Hans_R25

Hallo Guy,

auch von mir herzlich willkommen und viel Freude mir Deiner BMW.

Lustig finde ich das Du bereits in der ersten Zeile schreibst das Du Deutsch sprichst und liest - aber bis auf Kaltstart antworten alle in Englisch.
Typisch Deutsch!

Gruß
Hans_R25 (Halbamerikaner väterlicherseits)
Der kluge Mensch hat immer Zeit für Dummheiten.

guyfang

Hans,

I have lived in Germany a long time, and learned to speak German soon after getting here. BUT, I never needed to write or read German untill I got out of the Army. Then I went to Berufschul. I learned to read and write, but writing was never easy for me. I dont write well in english! But here at home we all change from German to English , back and forth all the time. Crazy, but it works.

MFG

Guy