Ignition switches R25/3

Begonnen von hotfoot, 05 Dezember 2011, 11:17:30

« vorheriges - nächstes »

hotfoot

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and hope someone out there can help me. I have owned several R25 series bikes, and presently have two R25/3s. The bane of my life in restoring them is ignition switches. Any idea where I can buy the complete assembly, without the sliding cover and circuit board. And any tips for assembling the same on the headlamp? Anyone know of suitable substitutes? Thanks

hotfoot

Taz

Hello Hotfoot.

Welcome to our forum. There are a few dealers in Germany (e.g. http://www.ulismotorradladen.de/englisch/englisch.htm) where you can buy the whole thing ... simply go to the "spare parts" page, identify the parts you will need and note the picture numbers (Bildnummern)...then enter the online shop and enter these numbers in the according search box...ordering is quite easy...

Best regards and good luck, Taz
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

euro518

Hello and welcome to the forum. You might also try http://www.meyer-bikes.com/home.php. They're a smaller operation and often get stuff to you quicker. Not sure of prices though but found both Ulis and Meyer's very reasonable. Good luck.

Regards,

Kevin
Saskatoon, Kanada

cledrera

Hello Hotfoot
and welcome to the show  ;).
Is this tip or this
tip the answer to your question?

Clemens

PS: Thanks Rütz
Du bist im Recht; nun sieh zu, wie du da wieder heraus kommst. (v. Chamisso)
Lieber Einzylinder als zwei Fallschirme (v. mir)

hotfoot

Thankyou all for your responses. I have dealt with Ulis, Meyer and Stemler for some time, but it looks as if the only way to buy the switches is to buy all the parts separately, and then assemble them. I liked the photos, but wonder about drilling out the ball bearings in order to locate the temporary holding pin. Surely the ball bearings are the things which engage with the grooves on the key, so as to keep it in place? Ideally, I would like to find a switch which would go in the haedlamp as one piece, and not look too similar. I wonder what other continental bikes do?

hotfoot

Thanks for all your answers. I will try to read the German, and comment later.

† Will

Zitat von: hotfoot am 06 Dezember 2011, 10:50:05
Thanks for all your answers. I will try to read the German, and comment later.
Hi Hotfoot,
Welcome to the forum. You will find the forum members here have a great wealth of knowledge and are exceptionally helpful.
I posted a message about the R25/3 you advertised in Old Bike Mart only the other day for a member looking for a single cylinder model.
You can access Uli's parts and prices list in an English version.
Regards,
Will
R25/3 + R65LS. The R27 has found a new home.
I was not lost, my GPS just found a different way back.

hotfoot

Thanks for that, Will. It seems that there are different lengths of barrels for the ignition switch, which can result in the key not going in far enough to work. Also, the idea of drilling the balls out in order to hold the switch in place for assembly  in the headlamp will result in no grip for the key. Add to that the fact that the R25 and 25/2 circuit boards are different to the later ones!

rolf

2 lenghts:
short (there are pictures in the "Vergleichsliste") until 25/2
long (s.a.)25/3->27 (with the chrome cover)
The shorter one is so short....there is no chance for "ignition on" if you put it in a chrome cover ignition switch ;D
the long one you can use for both.