LS 200 rubber ring suspension failed

Begonnen von gordinir8, 15 August 2012, 00:09:55

« vorheriges - nächstes »

gordinir8

Well im dealing with a problem and i hope someone can help me. I ordered 2 new rubber rings for the suspension of my LS200 (the big ones) The shop from Germany send me 4! (2 for free) So i installed them and after two days and with a small ride the right one broke. I replace it with the spare one and after a few days and some rides the left one broke also. Probably are of poor quality and i was wondering if someone can suggest me a source of good quality rubbers to order them. I can't change rubber every few days plus that my boat can get a damage if both break together.
Also do you think it is a qood idea to put some grease at the points that rubbers are attached in order to protect them?

Thank you
Thomas

gordinir8

Karl

Thomas, which one (and where) do you have bought? There are two qualities: an 'ordinary' rubber ring and a 'reinforced' rubber ring. I would always prefer the reinforced one.

I bought Mine from 'Classic Bike Shop' / Mr. Bornowski.

His shop address:
www.tcbs2.de/cart2

'reinforced rubbers' (for LS200):
www.tcbs2.de/cart2/product_info.php?info=p44_Gummiring-verst-rkt.html

Regards
Karl
Support this Board: Wer das Forum unterstützen möchte, kann das gerne per PAYPAL machen. Und hier findet Ihr meine Amazon Wunschliste.

gordinir8

Hi Karl,

I bought it from ''IDEAL seitenwagen'' with the the designation ''stronger rubber'' so i guess it is the reinforced one but although i am happy in general with all the other products i bought from those guys, rubber rings are definitely not good. As I said they last only a few days the first one with no load at all and the second with a normal weight person inside. If you recommend those from Classic Bike Shop maybe I order them. How long do you have them on your boat?

Thomas

Zitat von: Karl am 15 August 2012, 11:44:37
Thomas, which one (and where) do you have bought? There are two qualities: an 'ordinary' rubber ring and a 'reinforced' rubber ring. I would always prefer the reinforced one.

I bought Mine from 'Classic Bike Shop' / Mr. Bornowski.

His shop address:
www.tcbs2.de/cart2

'reinforced rubbers' (for LS200):
www.tcbs2.de/cart2/product_info.php?info=p44_Gummiring-verst-rkt.html

Regards
Karl

Karl

Hmm ... Meanwhile maybe Four or Five years?

Please Take some pictures of the rubbers and how you've mounted them.
Support this Board: Wer das Forum unterstützen möchte, kann das gerne per PAYPAL machen. Und hier findet Ihr meine Amazon Wunschliste.

gordinir8

Five years?? thats make me wonder if i done something wrong but im sure i didn't
Take a look at my previous post. Thats the first installation:
http://bmw-einzylinder.de/forum/index.php?topic=10182.0
If you need a better pictures i can put some tommorow for you.

Thomas

[/quote]

gordinir8

Ok here are some better pictures. As you can see there is a little touch between the rubber and the boat. Also you can see the breaking point, both times the same. This time i used some grease between the rubber surfaces.
What you think, shall i convert it so the rubber stops touching the boat althought i dont think this is the problem.

Zitat von: gordinir8 am 15 August 2012, 21:23:42
Five years?? thats make me wonder if i done something wrong but im sure i didn't
Take a look at my previous post. Thats the first installation:
http://bmw-einzylinder.de/forum/index.php?topic=10182.0
If you need a better pictures i can put some tommorow for you.

Thomas

rolf

1. Grease is poison for rubber
2. can you see any starting damage on the rubber?

gordinir8

For what i can see there is no starting damage at all, not even at the point that it touch the boat. It just breaks and looks like it breaks suddenly, not little my little. There is no worn point anywere

Thomas

Zitat von: rolf am 16 August 2012, 17:30:54
1. Grease is poison for rubber
2. can you see any starting damage on the rubber?

Karl

Errr ... as far as I know the rubber shouldn't touch the boat.

And as Rolf already said: oil and grease is poison for rubber. It decomposes rubber-materials very quick. But I don't think this is the point why it breaks.

I guess it is more a mechanical stress between the boat and the squashed rubber ring ...

gordinir8

Didn't know that about grease but I put it after it broke already two times and not before so that's not the reason why it break. Now as for the touching point maybe I should do something for this. I have to convert that metal base.

Thomas

quote author=Karl link=topic=10304.msg137805#msg137805 date=1345159304]
Errr ... as far as I know the rubber shouldn't touch the boat.

And as Rolf already said: oil and grease is poison for rubber. It decomposes rubber-materials very quick. But I don't think this is the point why it breaks.

I guess it is more a mechanical stress between the boat and the squashed rubber ring ...
[/quote]