How Much Am I Worth Eur 11.95

Begonnen von Jollyjester, 01 März 2019, 19:00:25

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Jollyjester

https://www.ebay.de/itm/MO-Klassik-Motorrad-3336-BMW-R-50-S-in-einer-seltenen-Vorstellung-auf-8-Seite/233119414276?hash=item3646fff804:g:jLYAAOSwbKVcVh7q:rk:1:pf:0

This copy of Klassik Motorrad features my beloved R50S, which I sold, shortly after, having owned it for 49 years, 10 months.

It was the last of the R50S models sold in Britain, 26/03/1963, and also the very last BMW sold by AFN Ltd, Falcon works, London Rd. Isleworth, London.

AFN were the BMW importers from mid 1935 - till the above date in 1963.

Pre war, their sales manager, John Milns West, AKA 'Jock West', was the BMW Works rider 1937 -39.

He was second in the Senior TT, at the isle of man in 1939, on the Rensport supercharged BMW, behind Schorsch Meier who rode the 1939 model with coupled brakes.

'Jock' jock had a 38 model, imagine riding the isle of man 37 mile circuit with a plunger frame and Tele forks, the very upgraded version of the R51,at an average speed of 81 mph !!  It is a recorded these machines were reaching 130 miles per hour, on some parts of the circuit !

Just a little history

If anyone has a pre war BMW, sold in the UK in that period of time, I hold the AFN archive, and administer it on be half of the Frazer Nash Car Club, there are some 220 BMWs listed as sold in that 4 1/2 years till Sept 1939

Only a eight were singles, 3 = R20 & 5 - R23

The others comprised of these models, R12, 17, 5, 51, 6, 61, 66, 71

Amazingly a number of these are still around including an R23, that I discovered last year. A  number the twins are now in America, as well as Europe, I had an R5, from 1966 - 85, it cost me £11/0/0 then are which was equivalent to about 85 D.M.  In 1966.

It is now in America, and all being well I hope to visit it in September this year

Just a little more history

Jollyjester