R27 Rear brake pedal height

Begonnen von ChrisR27, 30 Mai 2021, 17:57:00

« vorheriges - nächstes »

ChrisR27

Hello everyone,

The rear brake pedal on my R27 is higher than I would like, I have to lift my foot to place it on the pedal. I cannot find a way to adjust it other than using the brake light switch as a stop. I've looked in different manuals but can find no mention of brake pedal height adjustment.

Am I missing something?

We finally have some decent weather in the UK, it's been a long, long winter  :)

Regards,
Chris.

ChrisR27

rolf.soler

The brake pedal handle is under the footrest, so it cant't come up higher than your foot...? Picture please....In fact, it should not touch the footrest rubber, but remain a few mm under the rubber (or else the footrest gets loose every few 100 miles).And to stop it these 2-3 mm under the footrest, the brake light switch stops it, it's the same with my R27. Not ideal, as these switches can also break...

Dappsull

You might try to rotate the footrest - just guessing without a picture to go by....

Rütz

My Opinion is, the footrestrubber should be the stop, not the brakeswitch!
If the pedal comes too high, the footrest should be mounted lower.

If the brakeswitch is the stop, then you can't adjust the switch correctly and the stoplight will always light "too late".
I never dared to be radical when young.
For fear it would make me conservative when old. (Robert Frost)

rolf.soler

My rubber footrest always got loose every 50-100 km....Then suggestion to make the switch the stop was from several experienced drivers standing around my bike at the Edersee.... The brake light is adjusted well and works quite OK that way. But I always was a bit uneasy with that, especially considering the poor quality of new brake light switches...
Guess I'll let it stop at the rubber again and put a stop washer at he end of the footrest / stand screw.

jo.gi

On my R27 the rubber of the foot rest is the stop for the pedal. Using the plastic brake light switch for that seems not a good idea to me.
If the pedal is too high the lever is probably bent.
Maybe you can tinker something on the underside of the rubber, as a spacer. Some 3 or 4mm material between rubber and metal of the foot rest for example.

Jörg

Zitat von: rolf.soler am 31 Mai 2021, 16:46:52
My rubber footrest always got loose every 50-100 km....
Das würde mir aber auf den Keks gehen. (Ggfs. neue) Gummis festkleben, mit Haarspray/2K-Kleber/Sika/Benzin oder was es noch alles als Lösungsansätze gibt,  ist keine Option?

rolf.soler

Nicht das Gummi, die Fussraste selbst löst sich immer wieder, das ist die lange Schraube die durch den Hauptständer und die Fussraste geht...bzw. die M12 Mutter innen...trotz korrekt platzierter Zahnscheibe...hätte sch lange eine Stopmutter eine^gebaut, aber ist glaub ich Feingewinde. Na ja, bestell ich hat mal irgendwo

jo.gi

Ah ok, an der Stelle hab` ich auch seit 35 Jahren eine selbstsichernde Mutter.
Weiß aber nicht mehr ob ich da die Mutter an die Schraube oder die Schraube an die Mutter angepaßt habe.  Oder was ganz anderes ...

Sorry Chris for the german intermezzo.

Heiko

Hallo Rolf,

die Buchse ist drin im Hauptständer?... auch nicht zu kurz?
Ariel motorcycles... upon which the sun never sets.

Schorsch

@ Rolf,

wenn noch die originale Schraube drin ist, M 12x1,5.

Ich hab damals auch selbstsichernde Muttern genommen.

Gruß
Früher war alles gut, heute ist alles besser.
Es wäre besser, wenn wieder alles gut wäre.
(Heinz Erhardt)

rolf.soler

ja, stimmt. Hätt ich lägst bestellt, aber mit Versand Kleinmengenzuschlag usw. kostet die schnell 15 € (bei uns) Ich gehe mal zum Metallwarenhändler

Einzylindär

Warum nicht ein Tropfen Loctite 243?

Gruß
Stefan, der Einzylindär

ChrisR27

Hi everyone and thank you for the contributions.

I decided to try rotating the footrest clockwise, mine were vertical. This did allow the footrest rubber to become the stop and also move the footrest closer to the pedal. Both these things seem ok to me, I do understand how the M12 bolt could work loose but in my restoration I used new M12 bolts with Nyloc nuts so hopefully this will be OK. I was also able to adjust the brake light switch so it wasn't the 'stop'.

I also moved the left hand footrest to the same position so the distance to the gear change pedal changed too. It feels OK sitting on the bike, test ride later this week.

I've attached a couple of pictures, sorry for the poor quality.

Regards,
Chris.

Rawost

Zitat von: Einzylindär am 01 Juni 2021, 19:03:46

Gruß
Stefan, der Einzylindär

:applaus:
If you want to be happy for a day, drink. If you want to be happy for a year, marry. If you want to be happy for a life time, ride a BMW

Schorsch

Stimmt !!

Hätte man machen können ! ( Hätte, Hätte Steuerkette ) Damals nicht dran gedacht !
Früher war alles gut, heute ist alles besser.
Es wäre besser, wenn wieder alles gut wäre.
(Heinz Erhardt)

rolf.soler

Zitat von: Einzylindär am 01 Juni 2021, 19:03:46

Gruß
Stefan, der Einzylindär
Ja, Schraubensicherung probier ich als erstes