tightening torques

Begonnen von Anto, 06 Januar 2019, 11:42:51

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Anto

Goodmorning everyone. I have some questions to ask.

1) In the German language manual of the R25 / 2 I found the tightening torque of the head screws which is 41 Nm; Is this correct?
2) Can someone tell me the steps of the kilometers of intervention to tighten the head?
3) I need to know how many Nm tighten the screws of the cylinder base.
4) Is there a workshop manual in English?

Thank you for your kind answers and a happy new year to everyone from Anto

Anto

CowBoy

Buongiorno Anto,

the tightening torque in the Manual was 4,2 mkg equal 41 Nm.
Later on the torque was reduced to 35 mkg.

Using the Standard sealings I tight the bolts in 3 steps 15, 25, 35, with the Uli Seiwert
special sealig - best experiences - 20, 30, 50 Nm.

After roughly 100 km I check the torque again and the valves as well. Again after 500 km and then
all 3.000 km

Cylinder base nuts don't have a tightening torque in the Manuals - tight them tight, but not too tight.
A skillful mechanic knows by experience how to fix...

Due to the fact that BMW started exportation of Motorcycles in the early fifties, I suppose that there
must be an englisch Version too - I havent seen one yet.
Saluti, Ulli

R67treiber

Ciao Anto,

check out Barringtonmotorworks.com. Chris wrote a couple of really good manuals ... not cheap, but very good. Not sure about the R25/2, though.

salve
KLaus

strichzwojan

Hi Antonio,

35 Nm ist correct. tightening crosswise in three steps as recommended above. After the re-tightening 500 km after assembling I do not touch it anymore. The combination of bolts (steel) and cylinder (steel) seems reliable to me.

Jan

Anto

Thank you all for the quick and complete answers. I would say in pure German style. Thanks again from Anto.

Hauptmenü

Anleitungen & Bücher Baureihe Specials Startseite Vergleichsliste

Presse & Wissen

Bauzeiten & Stückzahlen Historisches Liste der BMW Modelle Presseberichte Prospekte & Plakate

Foren & Literatur

Bildergalerie Bildtafel-Suche Forum: Boxerforum Handbücher Servicedaten

Allgemeine Infos

Bildtafelsuche Glossar Impressum Kontakt Sitemap

Tipps & Service

Dienstleister Händler Märkte & Museen Tipps Verschleißteile & Werkzeuge