Tacho r25/2

Begonnen von Anto, 18 Oktober 2018, 13:33:50

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Anto

Good morning, I would like to know if this speedometer is a VDO as indicated on the dial or is it a mix then repaired by VDO as written on the casing? Can it be a mix between VDO and Veigel? The chrome frame and bought by a German online seller and indicated for VDO can not be mounted because it is long.  . I bought the one for VDO because I had obviously read VDO. The seller replies that I was wrong and that I had to buy the short frame for Veigel. I enclose the photos for the comparison as I did with the seller. Thank you

Anto

strichzwojan

Hi Antonio,

I just saw your posting here. The VDO Tacho should have an engraving at the outside of the housing (VDO, month and year of manufacturing, W 1,0 , 0-120 for Scala) . I measured the thickness of the package glass+inner "ivorycolored" ring+metalpart of the housing, that the chrome ring has to cover and clamp: it is 4.5 mm thick.
It could be that the glass of your Tachometer was replaced by a non-original, thinner one...

Good luck, Jan

Anto

Ciao Jan domani controllo. Un saluto Antonio

rolf

It is a VDO...the Veigels has another fasteing of the Interiors....not a big nut , it was fastened by 2 screws

Anto

My speedometer does not have the indication as in the photos Jan. I still polished the old frame and put it back again. I think the result is good enough. I will send a photo as soon as I do. Thanks to everyone and a greeting.