New from South Australia

Begonnen von BSA Bob, 04 März 2021, 06:54:35

« vorheriges - nächstes »

BSA Bob

Hi folks & greetings from sunny South Australia. I have an R26 in poor & non running condition I'm thinking of having another try at.
I just discovered this forum & will be posting a few questions on the relevant sites.
I'd like to get the bike running for local use in a rural area. Hopefully it would be ridden fairly frequently.
I'm afraid I only have basic mechanical skills so most of the drive train work would be done by BMW shops.

BSA Bob

cledrera

Good Morning Bob,
Greetings from Germany to down under.
Tell us where the shoe pinches an we`ll try to help.

Good luck

CLemens
Du bist im Recht; nun sieh zu, wie du da wieder heraus kommst. (v. Chamisso)
Lieber Einzylinder als zwei Fallschirme (v. mir)

4Taktix

Howdy Bob and welcome to the schmoes.
We treat every kind of problem, even those you never dared to expect  ;) ;D

Cheers,
Sascha
Think outside the box !

Taz

Hello Bob.

Welcome to our forum...and good luck with the little beemer. Most of the tasks around these machines can be done with the skills you mentioned...make sure to download any documentation before starting to dismantle it and make pictures...for you to remember and for us to help...

Kind regards, Ute
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

OldsCool!

Warm welcome, Bob!
You'll find all you need here, Google translate serves the rest. It's so nice to see our little beemers running all around the world  :bike:

Best regards,

Steffen
Ich bin auf dem Dorf aufgewachsen. Ich wurde nicht erzogen, ich habe ÜBERLEBT!

grahamjb

Thanks for the phone call today and as discussed you will get some good help from the forum members here.

And for those who are wondering Bob is in South Australia and I am in Western Australia only 2700km away so we are neighbours  :prost:

Jollyjester

G-Day Mate

Last time I was in Butler, Elvis was 'Live' in 'Freeo'

Crack a 'tinnie' on the Porch for me Mate.

Is the R26 a recent  Import ? or Original sale

Robert

March, Fenland.

rolf

Zitat von: grahamjb am 05 März 2021, 08:47:04
Thanks for the phone call today and as discussed you will get some good help from the forum members here.

And for those who are wondering Bob is in South Australia and I am in Western Australia only 2700km away so we are neighbours  :prost:

on an Island nearly everybody is a neighbour ;D

BSA Bob

Thanks for the welcome folks. A barrage of questions is being prepared.
Currently, the bike is a bitza being an engine & gearbox in a different numbered frame. I have the original frame in poor but recoverable condition. The motor broke both these frames behind the bottom left engine mount. I have no idea of the previous history of the bike.

OldsCool!

Hey Bob,

Broken frame at this spot is a common issue on these bikes. It is not about the engine/vibrations but due to hooking up the bike on the stand and letting it bounce heavily down on it instead of smoothly supporting the movement. We have several Threads here showing how to fix it properly. Maybe the authors of such can give you a quick link. If you can weld or have a professional welder at hand, it's no big deal at all.
Being on it anyway, before repainting you should also fix the limiters for the stand, which are typically bended in the middle.

Best regards,

Steffen

BSA Bob

Hi Steffen
I'm interested in what you say about the frame breakage. Thinking about it I suppose I did let the bike crash down on the stand. The frame broke while I was riding it (interesting!) & I suppose a small road shock or something was the final straw. I'd get the bike welded & the frame checked over at a workshop.

OldsCool!

4Taktix

Think outside the box !