Hallo aus Tipperary, Irland

Begonnen von Shadapo, 12 Oktober 2019, 21:01:13

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Shadapo

Hallo alle

Entschuldigung, mein Deutsch ist nicht gut. Ich bin seit über 2 Jahren auf der Suche nach einem Oldtimer-Motorrad von BMW und gestern ist es angekommen. Ich habe einen R25 / 2 gekauft. Von 1992 bis 2014 war das Motorrad in viele Teile zerlegt. Es wurde im Jahr 2015 zusammengebaut. Ich denke, viele Stücke sind nicht original. Alle Kommentare zum Motorrad sind sehr willkommen.

Schöne Grüße
Don

Shadapo

bwprice100

Hello Don from Wales. :)

Brian

Sent by me using tapety talky

Dappsull

Hello and welcome,
your bike definitely doesn't lack personality - does it run well?

Cheers
D.

Taz

Hello Don.

Please don't worry.... there are quite a few among us who do speak English....

Welcome to the forum and good luck with getting her back on the streets.

Re. "wrong" parts....maybe this will help you identifying the parts in question:   

https://www.bmw-einzylinder.de/Vergleichstabelle/default.html#en

All the best, Taz

@Dappsull
Zitat von: Dappsull am 13 Oktober 2019, 08:02:09
.... does it run well? ...

If at all, not street-legal....muffler of an interesting shape, no visible taillight...I doubt it....
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

Shadapo

Hi guys and thanks for your replies.
I know the paint work is not good and I do intend getting the fenders and tank resprayed. Perhaps someone can tell me what the black paint code is for the bike? And also the paint code for the white pin-striping?

The bike does start very easily and it does have good compression.

Thanks guys.

Kind Regards
Don

rolf

hey Don, you want to know which parts are not Original?

Shadapo

Hi Rolf

Yes that would be good to know which parts are not original. I expect many parts are not original.

Thanks

Don

Taz

Hello Don.

Re. the colour codes....please have a look at Hello's post here.... https://bmw-einzylinder.de/forum/index.php?topic=2364.msg23153#msg23153

RAL 9005 for the black body
RAL. 9001 for the white pinstripes

Have fun, Taz
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

rolf

LETS START ;D
frontlamp (perhaps MZ)
odometer (perhaps MZ)
ignition plate (perhaps MZ)
saddle complete
tank rubber at a wrong place....the former owner was a tall person?
no tank badges
rear light and exhaust is known
no rubber for the kickstarter at the frame
ignition coil under the gastank
No rubber for the battery
the nuts for the rear plunger are black (original chrome)
the clutch and the other side should be black (the handlebars?) (I mean not the levers)
in opposite the barholders should be chromed (here black)

That is it for the the first time ;D
it is not important for the function, not necessarry to change it....but good to know it
Rolf
it seems the diameter of the  "Krümmer" is to thin...perhaps 25/3?

Hans_R25

Hello Don,

First of all, welcome and congratulations on your "new" motorcycle. R25/2 ist the most beautiful of the R25!  ;D
You will now receive many answers which parts are not original, but, have you already thought about how you want to restore your motorcycle? Should it be put back in the state in which the motorcycle left the production line or do you want to bring it back to driving conditions and get the traces of the past years conserved? Or something in between?

best regards
Hans
Der kluge Mensch hat immer Zeit für Dummheiten.

Dappsull

Maybe it's easier to list the original parts ;^)

Jollyjester

Hello Don

This may be in the far distant future, aber, when you come to the point of actually obtaining registration for 'the road' you may well need confirmation from an 'Official' source that the BMW is 'of the year' so that is can be registered as 1955, whatever

There I may be able to help, as I am the recognised 'official; by the DVLA  UK, to do so.
I have over the last 5 year assisted people with BMW's in Sweden, Malaysia, Greece, as well as the UK

There is a nominal 'service free' £50.00 paid to the BMW CLUB UK&I. Not me

So far I have assisted in excess of 400 BMW owners with the age range 1935 - 2012

I can be contacted, if and when here

dvla@bmwclubuk.net

Southern Ireland may have someone similar to my self, in which case turn to them

A quick Google Search tells there is such a person.

Via the DVLA

ME it would seem

Robert Freeman

Einzylindär

Hello Don.

I do not know if it is suitable for road registration, but you can get information about yor FIN from BMW directly.
If you write a kind email to  info.grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com you get information about production and delivery date, destination of delivery, colour and extra equipment.
This is for free...just if you want to get a certificate from BMW with stamp and signature you have to pay.

Best regards from Germany
Stefan, der Einzylindär

Jollyjester

Correct, however the position is as I said, this:

To obtain registration of a used imported vehicle for use on roads in the UK, and Ireland, including EIRA, the DVLA will require a Headed Date Letter from BMW Munchen. At the cost of 45 or 50 euro

It is also required that the vehicle, in this case a BMW, is confirmed as what it is 'Said To Be' by the appointed person for that particular make.

In this case, for BMW motorcycles it is myself. Every brand and type of vehicle has a similar DVLA Approved person. By it Car, Motorcycle, Tractor, Bus, Steam Roller, Milk Float, or Motor Mower. There is a very long list of Makes of Vehicle, and 'their ' appointed officer.

I will not go into the fine details, sufficient to say, after almost 5 years in this position, and circa 400 Motorcycles I do have some idea on procedure.

Finally, I do not receive, or expect any financial reward. It is my Hobby, and also a  way of 'giving back' for the help I have received over the last 50 years with BMW's.

Shadapo

Thanks for all your replies guys. I really appreciate it.

Thanks for the paint codes Taz. That info. will be useful when I get round to painting the bike although I'm still not sure if i'll be doing a complete repainting or not. I do like an aged/old look but somehow I'm not that keen on how the paint looks on this bike. But I definitely intend applying the white pinstripes to fenders and fuel tank as I do think these look very good on these bikes. The previous owner told me he had some parts of the body/frame powder coated but the fenders and tank were only painted with a spray can!!

Thanks for the list of non-original parts Rolf. Although the saddle is not original I do quite like how it looks and will probably not change it. I've already removed the tank rubbers to apply them further back on the tank. I also intend putting badges on the fuel tank. Unfortunately the holes for the screws have been covered over and painted. I will have to get a rear light also.

The bike was registered in Ireland in 1991 and so it has all the appropriate paperwork. But thanks for the registration info Robert.

Thanks for the information Stefan and I've contacted info.grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com and they provided me with details of the date of manufacture and delivery destination, as you said.

Does anyone know where I can get a Handbook or Instruction Manual in English for the R25/2 motorbike.

Is it possible to obtain these manuals?  Or any other literature on the R25/2 ?

Thanks guys.

Kind regards

Don

Heiko

Welcome Don,

for english manuals please ask Jollyjiester, alias Robert, here on the board. He is the 1. Officer in the BMW Club UK.

Heiko
Ariel motorcycles... upon which the sun never sets.