Cymru (Wales) 2016

Begonnen von Taz, 02 Januar 2016, 16:25:04

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Taz

Hi zusammen.

Nachdem Rudi heuer nicht wegkommt und ich gleichermassen wieder auf die Insel will wie ihm nicht die Südengland-Tour vorwegnehmen möchte, plane ich nun Mitte August 10-14 Tage nach Wales zu fahren.

die genauen Daten können wir noch unter den Teilnehmern ausmachen, aber generell würde ich von Hoek van Holland nach Harwich übersetzen (Nachtfähre pro Person in Zweibettkabine mit Frühstück ca.  150£ hin und zurück) und dann gen Wales, dort wieder wie schon in den letzten Jahren ein Cottage anmieten und Touren fahren...

Wer hat denn Interesse?

Vorläufige Daten: 4.8.2016 bis 14.8.2016
Nachtfähre Hoek van Holland-Harwich
Dates Wales:
Accommodation: Radnor revivals (http://www.radnorrevivals.com/)
Booked 5.8.2016-12.8.2016 (Friday to Friday)
Participants from the continent:
1. Ute (Taz) (full time)
2. Marie (full time)
3. Lothar (full time)

Participants from the UK:
1. Brian (full time)
2. Will (7.8.-12.8.2016) (Sunday to Friday)
3. Norrie (5.8.-10.8.2016) (Friday to Wednesday)
4. Tien (full time)

viele Grüße, Taz
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

Taz

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

† Will

Hallo, Taz und Freunde.

Frohes neues Jahr für 2016.

Ich bin zurück aus meinem Urlaub im August, also ich Sie für ein paar Tage treffen könnte wenn das OK ist.

Herzliche Grüße.
Will

My post is translated to German (?) by Bing
R25/3 + R65LS. The R27 has found a new home.
I was not lost, my GPS just found a different way back.

Taz

Hello Will.

Thanks and a  Happy New Year to you as well, may it bring health and many happy bike trips  :) :bike:

Yes, of course you may join us for a few days, in fact I would highly appreciate it if you would honour us with your company...

I will keep you updated as planning gets more detailed..

Best.wishes, Taz

PS@Will: I know you mean very well, but given the tremendous number of posts in this thread this will become a pure English thread anyway, won't it?

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

Taz

Hallo zusammen.

So langsam fügen sich erste Mosaiksteichen zusammen...

- Je nach Anzahl der Teilnehmer vom Kontinent könnte ich evtl.  eine Unterstellmöglichkeit für Autos und Anhänger in Rotterdam organisieren, von da aus ists ein Katzensprung zum Fährhafen nach Hoek van Holland.
- Die An- und Abreise nach Wales ist wegen der Distanz (mehr als 400km) in einem Tag nicht zu schaffen, als Zwischenübernachtung würde sich zum Beispiel die Cotswolds anbieten.
- In Wales selber sind als mögliche Anfahrtsziele der Snowdonia National Park, die Penderyn Distillerie (einzige Whisky-Brennerei in Wales), und the great Orme mit dem Marine Drive ein Anfang.
- den Aufenthalt in Wales selbst würde ich nach den sehr positiven Erfahrungen der letzten Jahre wieder von einem halbswegs zentral gelegenen Cottage aus aufziehen, neben einer warmen und trockenen Unterkunft mit deutlich mehr Optionen als ein Zelt sind wir dann auch unabhängiger, was das Essen angeht und selbst Schrauben ist mit einer festen Basis halt einfacher (und auch für Paketdienste besser anzufahren).
- Brian ist offensichtlich sehr ortskundig und hat angeboten, bei der Planung der Touren zu helfen (und ich bin sicher, er wird auch die eine oder andere mitfahren).

Dannnnnnn...

... mal ganz generell nach inzwischen fast 150 Aufrufen ohne eine einzige Interessensbekundung von dieser Seite des Kanals:
- ich bin zeitlich derzeit nur an die bayerischen Sommerferien gebunden, aber auch ich muß mich in der Firma mal erklären, was die Urlaubsplanung angeht-von daher haben wir durchaus noch Spielräume was Reisezeitpunkt und Dauer angeht, aber das ist auch wegen begrenzter Resourcen hinsichtlich Übernachtungen, Fährplätze usw. nicht beliebig offenzuhalten.
- auch bei der Wahl der Tourenziele bin ich für Anregungen offen...wenn denn welche kommen.

Daher:

Gibt es hier Forumsmitglieder, die eine Teilnahme in Betracht ziehen, so daß eine weitere öffentliche Planung (und auch auf Deutsch) Sinn macht-oder spiel ich nur die Pausenelse und unterhalte gar köstlich?

Weder für Brian, Norrie und Will noch für mich ist eine öffentliche Planung nötig, für die drei erstgenannte eine englische Abstimmung sicherlich leichter zu verfolgen...

Ich bitte um Meldungen (bei schüchternen Teilnehmern gerne auch per PM) bis zum 15.01.

Viele Grüße, Taz

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

bwprice100

I am very happy to help with the planning of a tour of Wales and below is a copy of a few suggested places to visit that I sent to Taz. I have also found a possible place to stay but I need to check on availability.
http://www.radnorrevivals.com/
The are old timer motorcycle enthusiasts and centrally placed. If they are full, August is a very busy time for holidays, there are other places.

Suggested places (please put names into Google) This was originally thought as a circular routes but can be modified to suit the base camp.
=============
I only live about 10 mile from the Penderyn distillery but I have never been in there (not a whisky man); I have ridden past it many times. as it is on the edge of the Brecon Beacons and there is a good run up past there on the way past Pen-Y-Fan and Brecon. We could possibly make are way towards the Black Mountains and Castell Carreg Cennin (Castle on the rock). From here we could head towards the South West, through the Preseli Mountains (the Blue stones at Stonehenge came from here, Celtic Druids and all that stuff). St David's is well worth a visit, it is the smallest city in the UK and has a very fine medieval cathedral and is on the ancient pilgrim route from Rome to Southern Ireland. From here we can work our way up the coast to North Wales, some beautiful sea views around Cardigan bay.Perhaps go through Dolgellau, Barmouth, Harlech (another fine castle) and then Beddgelert is worth a visit (Gelert was the pet dog of one of the Welsh Princes and you can visit his grave). This gives wonderful access to various passes and there is a lovely ride that takes you around the back of Snowden and into Caernarfon. It is then an easy ride up to Llandudno and the Great Orme.
On the return journey there is a lovely route down through mid Wales that goes through Blaenau Ffestiniog, taking in a number of beautiful lakes and reservoirs, for example, Bala, Llanwddyn. Then on to Devils Bridge, Elan valley, Llyn Brianne reservoir. Then Llandovery and back over the Black Mountains and the Brecon Beacons to Hirwaun up over the mountain pas to Treorchy (this is the top of the Rhondda valley and since all the mining has closed is very beautiful) Then another mountain pass to enter the top of the Afan valley, down the valley to Pontrhydyfen (where Richard Burton was Born, "Broadsword calling Danny Boy") This can take us to Neath and up to my house in Rhos (SA8 3EH)

I should also mention that there are a number of narrow gauge railways on this route if you are interested.
=============

Ich bin sehr glücklich, mit der Planung einer Tour durch Wales zu helfen und unten ist eine Kopie von einigen vorgeschlagen, Orte zu besuchen, dass ich zu Taz gesendet. Ich habe auch eine mögliche Unterkunft gefunden, aber ich brauche, um auf die Verfügbarkeit zu überprüfen.
http://www.radnorrevivals.com/
Das sind Oldtimer Motorrad-Enthusiasten und zentral platziert. Wenn sie voll sind, ist der August eine sehr geschäftige Zeit für Urlaub, gibt es andere Orte.

Empfohlene Plätze (setzen Sie bitte Namen in Google) Dies war ursprünglich als Rundwege gedacht, kann aber geändert werden, um das Basislager zu entsprechen.
=============
Ich lebe nur etwa 10 Meile von der Penderyn Destillerie, aber ich habe noch nie dort gewesen (kein Whisky-Mann); Ich habe es viele Male vorbei geritten. wie es am Rande der Brecon Beacons und es gibt einen guten Lauf bis Vergangenheit gab es auf dem Weg Pen-y-Fan und Brecon Vergangenheit. Wir könnten vielleicht machen es Weg in den Black Mountains und Castell Carreg Cennin (Schloss auf dem Felsen). Von hier geht es in Richtung Süd-West fahren konnte, durch die Preseli Berge (die blauen Steine ​​in Stonehenge von hier, keltischen Druiden und all das Zeug kam). St David ist einen Besuch wert, es ist die kleinste Stadt in Großbritannien und hat eine sehr feine mittelalterliche Kathedrale und ist auf dem alten Pilgerweg von Rom nach Südirland. Von hier aus können wir unseren Weg nach North Wales arbeiten entlang der Küste, einige wunderschönem Meerblick in der Umgebung von Cardigan bay.Perhaps durch Dolgellau, Barmouth, Harlech (eine andere feine Burg) und dann Beddgelert ist einen Besuch wert (Gelert war das Haustier Hund von einem der walisischen Prinzen und man kann sein Grab zu besuchen). Dies gibt wunderbare Zugriff auf verschiedene Pässe und gibt es eine schöne Fahrt, die Sie rund um die Rückseite des Snowden und in Caernarfon findet. Es ist dann eine einfache Fahrt bis zu Llandudno und dem Great Orme.
Auf der Rückfahrt gibt es einen schönen Weg nach unten bis Mitte Wales, die durch Blaenau Ffestiniog geht unter in einer Reihe von wunderschönen Seen und Stauseen, zum Beispiel, Bala, Llanwddyn. Dann weiter nach Devils Bridge, Elan Valley, Llyn Brianne-Reservoir. Dann Llandovery und zurück auf die Black Mountains und die Brecon Beacons, um über die Berg pas zu Treorchy Hirwaun up (dies ist der obere Teil des Tales Rhondda und da alle der Bergbau hat geschlossen ist sehr schön) Dann noch eine Bergpass, um die Spitze geben die Afan Tal, über das Tal bis Pontrhydyfen (wo Richard Burton geboren wurde, "Breitschwert rufen Danny Boy") Dies kann uns, Neath und bis zu meinem Haus in Rhos (SA8 3EH)

bwprice100

I have just had this reply from Bev at Radnor Revivals http://www.radnorrevivals.com/

Hi thank you for your enquiry.
I can at present do any time in August.
Prices for a week are £300.00 and £250.00 for mid-week or weekend ( I offer a 10% discount on that price for motorcycle groups). That is per lodge. Lodge no 2 sleeps up to 8 people ( using one space in the lounge sofa bed). Or I  would do an additional discount for two lodges sleeping 4 people each of £400.00 for both.

At the start of the season this year we will have  our club / meeting room up and running which offers seating for up to 24 and a large screen TV. We  have a map / information room and there will be catering available on site. Breakfasts at the club room are from £3.50 for bacon / sausage and egg sandwiches, and evening meals are from £7.50 ( cottage pie, curry, chilli etc.)
If you need any more information please contact me.
Regards

Ich habe gerade diese Antwort von Bev in Radnor Erweckungen http://www.radnorrevivals.com/

Hallo ich danke Ihnen für Ihre Anfrage.
Ich kann heute jederzeit tun, im August.
Die Preise für eine Woche sind £ 300,00 und 250,00 £ für Mitte der Woche oder am Wochenende (I bieten eine 10% Rabatt auf den Preis für Motorrad- Gruppen). Das ist pro Lodge. Lodge Kein 2 Personen bis zu 8 Personen ( mit einem Platz in der Lounge- Sofa-Bett) . Oder ich würde einen zusätzlichen Rabatt für zwei Lodges schlafen jeweils von £ 400,00 4 Personen für beides zu tun.

Zu Beginn der Saison in diesem Jahr werden wir unseren Club / Tagungsraum und läuft , die Platz für bis zu 24 und einem Großbild-TV bietet . Wir haben eine Karte / Informationsraum und es wird Verpflegung zur Verfügung. Breakfasts in der Club-Zimmer sind ab £ 3,50 für Speck / Wurst und Ei-Sandwiches und Abendessen ab £ 7,50 ( Cottage Pie , Curry , Chili etc.)
Wenn Sie weitere Informationen benötigen kontaktieren Sie mich bitte .
Grüße

† Will

Hello Brian,
A good choice, central to the best parts of Wales and a favourite area of mine for many years.
Prices are very reasonable for August with good facilities not available in most holiday cottages.

Taz

Hello Brian.

Thanks for sending that enquiry and forwarding the reply...and I agree with Will, the prices sound pretty good, as well as the information provided on their homepage...looks to me as if the accomodation quest has been fulfilled...

@Brian and Will: as you can see this thread has got more than 200 hits now, but absolutely no posts from other than the three of us...I expect Norrie to find his way eventually to this thread, but it seems to me that the interest on this side of the channel is pretty low...so, in order to ease posting for you and keeping things as simply as possible I hereby declare English as the tongue to be used for all future posts...if any Germans are wishing to join while lacking the language skills they can approach me and  I will be happy to translate...but for now German posts make no sense to me...I will update the initial post to bilingual so everybody can get the basis information about this trip, but that will be it.

Best regards, Taz

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

bwprice100

Thanks for letting me post in English as my German is not so good; I can ask for a beer, ask for my screwdriver back and that's about it.  :)

If it would help with numbers I could ask if anybody from the BMW club in the UK would like to attend. I can't guarantee it will be single cylinder but I am sure there will be a lot of interest from the classic bike owners.

I think it would be best for everyone to book directly with Radnor Revivals. What dates, exactly are we thinking off, then I can contact Bev at Radnor Revivals and let her know what are plan is and to expect bookings.

What do you think.

Brain

† Norrie

Hello Taz, Will and Brian
I have been following your post Taz but needed to confirm a couple of things for August before I could join in. I hope very much to attend your Welsh trip and the location and accommodation that you are suggesting Brian looks idea - great in fact!  :bike:
I really have to get on with finishing my R25/3 and having recently reduced my responsibilities to another club extra time to be in my garage looks to be a definite.  :juhuu:
Best wishes to you all for the coming year  :respekt:
Norrie

Taz

Hello Brian, Norrie and Will.

Thanks for your confirmation re. the location....that really sounds perfect.

@Norrie: I am glad to hear that you have a found a way to speed up with your R25/3 and I am looking forward to the day when you will be able to roam the country roads again.

@Brian: thanks for the offer re. "numbers"...but I think that we should basically stay close to the forum-my concern (and source of frustration) was that although in the past every long distance tour of forum members caused a lot of regretful remarks to the tune of "....I really would have liked to participate..." from the community neither this tour (nor it's predecessor Rudi's "South East England tour") were able to attract any forum members from this side of the channel...

My plan for this weekend will be to get the timelines planned more detailed so I can provide dates for arrival and departure.

I would then book a lodge for my daughter and myself...and offer to share the lodge with with any of you for the time of your stay...allowing my to have an accommodation fixed and providing you with some flexibilty re. your participation.

All the best, Taz

PS: Please accept my apologies for my not too regular answers- I have to cover quite a number of topics in my life and having to use a laptop dating back to early middle ages doesn't help, either.

PPS: I have made the experience that ordering spare parts from shops in Germany and having them delivered to my place so I can forward them with UPS can save save quite some time and postage fees for you...so please don't hesitate to make use of this if like.

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

† Oldtimerfahrer

Das mit dem Cottage ist ja schon mal sehr positiv.
Ich drücke euch die Daumen, das sich noch ein paar Enthusiasten melden.

Gruß Rudi

2011 Schottland I 2012 Großglockner-Hochalpenstraße I 2013 Schottland I 2014 Lettland/Litauen I 2017 Südengland

Taz

Hallo Rudi.

Vielen Dank....aber fast 450 Aufrufe und außer unseren Mitgliedern von der Insel keine weiteren Interessenten...hoffentlich hast Du mehr Erfolg bei Deiner Ausfahrt-wünschen würde ich es Dir!

Liebe Grüße, Ute

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

Taz

Hello.

I still have to clarify a few things during this week and my plans at the moment are to come up with a first draft of the travel dates by Sunday nightfall...then we could discuss whether and - if -  how long some of you would like to join us in Wales and we could start planning day trips.

@Brian: Regarding the lodges..would it be better if you would do the booking as you seem to know folks there already or won't that matter? I do have a credit card so making the required advance payments will be no problem as far as I can see.

I am really looking forward to this visit :bike: :dance: :prost:

Kind regards, Taz

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

bwprice100

Zitat von: Taz am 12 Januar 2016, 10:14:29
Hello.

I still have to clarify a few things during this week and my plans at the moment are to come up with a first draft of the travel dates by Sunday nightfall...then we could discuss whether and - if -  how long some of you would like to join us in Wales and we could start planning day trips.

@Brian: Regarding the lodges..would it be better if you would do the booking as you seem to know folks there already or won't that matter? I do have a credit card so making the required advance payments will be no problem as far as I can see.

I am really looking forward to this visit :bike: :dance: :prost:

Kind regards, Taz

Hi Taz

Yes that would be great if we can finalise dates, as I have another event in August that I need to set a date for.

With regard to me doing the booking; I am happy to help and coordinate but I think it will be best for each person to contact Radnor Revivals directly and pay any deposit directly. I will, of course, be happy to act as the liaison to make sure things go smoothly.

Brian

Taz

Hello Brian.

Ok, understood...I will speed up things a bit....re the booking: my understanding was that the lodges could host up to 7 people, the basic price already includes four anyway...so IMHO it would make sense to book as few lodges as possible to reduce accommodation fees for everyone...and having only one lodge with varying number of guests means also more flexibility for every one of us as bookings are only available Monday to Friday, weekend or whole week from Friday to Friday...

So if everybode would be comfortable with this I would suggest that we give it a try...and in this case it really could be helpful with you doing the negotiating as it might be a lot easier locally than via email across the channel...

What is your opinion on this?

Kind regards, Taz

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

bwprice100

Zitat von: Taz am 12 Januar 2016, 11:22:41
Hello Brian.

Ok, understood...I will speed up things a bit....re the booking: my understanding was that the lodges could host up to 7 people, the basic price already includes four anyway...so IMHO it would make sense to book as few lodges as possible to reduce accommodation fees for everyone...and having only one lodge with varying number of guests means also more flexibility for every one of us as bookings are only available Monday to Friday, weekend or whole week from Friday to Friday...

So if everybody would be comfortable with this I would suggest that we give it a try...and in this case it really could be helpful with you doing the negotiating as it might be a lot easier locally than via email across the channel...

What is your opinion on this?

Kind regards, Taz

Yes I would be happy to negotiate on behalf of the group to get a good price etc.

† Oldtimerfahrer

Moin Ute,
kein Problem.
Du kennst das doch von vorherigen Fahrten.
Interesse ist schon vorhanden, der Wille ist auch gegeben ........ aber irgendwas fehlt immer.   8)

Gruß Rudi
2011 Schottland I 2012 Großglockner-Hochalpenstraße I 2013 Schottland I 2014 Lettland/Litauen I 2017 Südengland

Taz

Hello Brian.

A friend from a local bike group approached me earlier this week asking for further information (having learned about this visit to the UK) and so today we met and talked a wee bit about that trip...with the result that there are now three poeple coming to Wales from the continent.

Re the trip dates I would prefer to stay in Wales from  the 5th of August until the 12th, allowing one whole week  for exploring the beauty of that country.
I haven't got a full understanding of the layout of the lodges...will these be capable of housing three different parties per lodge (there are only two bedrooms mentioned in the description, but the price information page explicitly provides conditions for more than four occupants per lodge)...could you shed some light on this, please?

Would you be able to join us for the whole week or just a few days (the same question would go out to Will and Norrie, of course)...depending on the space available and your plans it might be possible to get along with just one lodge and a varying number of guests throughout the week...or it might turn out that a second lodge is required...

I would highly appreciate  your opinion (and maybe even experience) here.

Thanks in advance and all the best, Taz

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

bwprice100

Hi Guys

I have just spoken to Bev at Radnor revivals and he has suggested we take the two smaller bunk houses which will, in total, accommodate eight people and a possible extra person on a fold up bed.

These smaller bunk houses offer a bit more privacy with the sleeping and shower room facilities.

The cost will be £400 for the week, which works out £50 per person for the week if eight of us go, but more per person if fewer go, which is very good. :)

She will require a £50 deposit and the balance when we get there. Once I get from you guys it is on I am happy to pay the deposit, which will probably be my share anyway.

Bev has pencilled us in for the 5th to the 12th of August, and this means she will not book out these two lodges to any one else for the next couple of weeks and as soon the deposit is paid all will be confirmed.

My plan would be to take a ride up there have a closer look, take some further pictures and pay the deposit. It is only about a two hour ride from my house.

It sounds like it will be a good event and I will certainly be there for the week, I just have to get my R26 completed. :)

Brian

Taz

Hello Brian.

Just a short comment:  :juhuu: :dance: that sounds perfect ;D

Will come bakc to you later today.

All the best, Taz

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

Taz

Hallo zusammen.

Wir sind inzwischen soweit, daß wir eine Unterkuft haben (http://radnorrevivals.com/) für die Zeit vom 5.8. bis zum 12.8. diesen Jahres. Es sind insgesamt acht Übernachtungsplätze vorhanden (plus ein Reserve auf dem Klappbett), davon sind nach jetzigem Stand fünf fest vergeben (Brian, Will, Lothar, Marie und ich), einer für Norrie bis auf weiteres reserviert. Damit könnten wir auch zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt noch zwei Leute mit reinnehmen. Ich werde am Sonntag die Fährüberfahrt und die Zwischenübernachtungen buchen, wer später kommt, muß eben versuchen, sich da ranzuhängen.

Ansonsten war das der letzte deutschsprachige Post hier, weil alle bislang beteiligten des Englischen mächtig sind und wir uns nicht verbiegen brauchen.

Viele Grüße, Taz w(ill hintennach nix hören von wegen "wenn ich das gewußt hätte, wär ich auch mit"...jetzt ist die Chance!)

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

† Norrie

Hello all Welsh explorers 

Thank you for the trip and accommodation suggestions Taz and Brian.  :blumen:
I can't manage the entire week but would look forward to the pleasure of you company from Friday 5th untill Wednesday 10th. Five nights in total.  :bike:

A big push is now on to complete my R25/3  :schrauber:.

Best wishes

Norrie     

bwprice100

Hi Guys

I have been putting together a few ideas with regard to rides and I need to ask some questions with regard to duration and the type of terrain that is suitable.

I have put a few outlines of routes below, but as you know Wales has many hills and roads that are very isolated with no mobile signal and I just wanted to check that this will not be a problem.
Also, I am used to spending a full day on my bike with stops for tea/coffee, cakes and plenty of stops to take in the view etc.

Would it be a problem if we were out for 6 to 8 hours?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Llanbister,+Llandrindod+Wells,+Powys+LD1+6TL/52.2949658,-3.755294/52.1446466,-3.7393408/West+End+Cafe/Bleddfa/52.3561149,-3.2856832/@52.1773691,-3.8062545,10z/am=t/data=!3m1!4b1!4m28!4m27!1m10!1m1!1s0x486fe0d7ad304b47:0xdebd15eb10feea88!2m2!1d-3.2867658!2d52.356236!3m4!1m2!1d-3.5763358!2d52.2690859!3s0x486fc063157a8d43:0x5da58ba863c374c3!1m0!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x0:0xb9f3b9f94cbef84f!2m2!1d-3.7985858!2d51.9934752!1m5!1m1!1s0x487020227ba881f7:0x9b7b3ffc028eda5e!2m2!1d-3.165968!2d52.30728!1m0!3e0

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Llanbister,+Llandrindod+Wells,+Powys+LD1+6TL/52.7454148,-3.8763795/53.3413046,-3.8656523/53.1440236,-4.2714285/Harlech,+Gwynedd,+UK/52.3574267,-3.2758124/@52.8423832,-4.9036313,8z/am=t/data=!3m1!4b1!4m18!4m17!1m5!1m1!1s0x486fe0d7ad304b47:0xdebd15eb10feea88!2m2!1d-3.2867658!2d52.356236!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x4865760e10b94837:0x1eec0d2fd994ea94!2m2!1d-4.107858!2d52.858894!1m0!3e0

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Llanbister,+Llandrindod+Wells,+Powys+LD1+6TL/Rhayader/Cwmystwyth,+Ceredigion,+UK/Devil's+Bridge+Falls,+Woodlands,+Devil's+Bridge,+Aberystwyth,+Ceredigion+SY23+3JW,+United+Kingdom/52.5106097,-3.317768/52.3558641,-3.2865621/@52.3906345,-3.848264,10z/am=t/data=!3m1!4b1!4m38!4m37!1m5!1m1!1s0x486fe0d7ad304b47:0xdebd15eb10feea88!2m2!1d-3.2867658!2d52.356236!1m10!1m1!1s0x486f955b89eec84f:0x50d8b23d498d100!2m2!1d-3.510641!2d52.301537!3m4!1m2!1d-3.5892405!2d52.2623581!3s0x486fc063157a8d43:0x5da58ba863c374c3!1m5!1m1!1s0x486f96ea1657359d:0xa970a79027ced995!2m2!1d-3.779158!2d52.351346!1m5!1m1!1s0x486f998c23f3aee5:0x3392aeb9a3e40291!2m2!1d-3.8498005!2d52.3769462!1m5!3m4!1m2!1d-3.3438386!2d52.4902976!3s0x486ffb36bda98e45:0xe08fff938fc8d9e9!1m0!3e0

† Will

Hi Brian,
Routes 1 and 3 will not be a problem but route 2 may need to be shorter.

Cake shops for tea/coffee, photo stops and taking in the views are necessary parts of a holiday.

I just hope that kick starting Lottie doesn't wear you all out. ;D  :lol:

Taz

Hello Brian.

Thanks for the thoughts you have put in these trips, although I have to agree with Will...trips 1 and 3 seem feasable, the second one is too long ...
Apart from Will's absolute true comments re breaks and sightseeing time there's another thing to keep in mind: we are talking mostly low-power bikes here..Will and myself will be riding R25/3 with 250ccm/13HP, Marie is using a 125ccm/11HP Suzuki and Lothar is bringing his 125ccm/15HP Shadow...not exactly high speed material here...

And on top of that Marie is a beginner on the bike with waaaay less riding experience than the rest of us and also both she and Lothar have never been to the UK with their own vehicles so keeping to the correct side ofg the road will also strain their ability to concentrate at the end of the day, thus increasing crash risks...

So IMHO we should try to avoid day trips exceeding 200kms substantially...but nothing is written in stone here, once we see how they get used to all this we can always adapt plans....

@Will: do you have an idea about how long you will be able to join us...full time or only a few days as Norrie has planned?

best regards, Taz

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

bwprice100

Hi Taz and Will

That's understable with regard to the distance.

My plan is to be there for the whole week, so we can be flexible with regards to the places we visit.
As long as we visit valleys, lakes and the seaside. :)

† Will

Zitat von: Taz am 17 Januar 2016, 16:33:57.............. both she and Lothar have never been to the UK with their own vehicles so keeping to the correct side of the road will also strain their ability to concentrate at the end of the day, thus increasing crash risks...

@Will: do you have an idea about how long you will be able to join us...full time or only a few days as Norrie has planned?

Taz,
I intend to book a 2 bedroom lodge so that I have my own bedroom.
The other bedroom will be available for someone else. The cost is very reasonable for more comfort.
I return from holiday while you are travelling to Wales so I should be able to be with you all on Sunday 7th at 1700 hours.
If we ride in convoy with Marie and Lothar in the middle of the group it will be easier. The run leader and back marker to stay constant.

Taz

Hello Brian.

If we could add one or two castles and one distillery as icing on the cake I would be completely happy :juhuu:

I am realllllllly looking forward to this trip.

All the best, Taz

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

Taz

Hello Will.

I fully understand your wish for privacy...Brian has made a pencilled reservation for two lodges with a total of four bedrooms (I think?!) ... don't you think we could arrange matters so everyone has the space needed? Marie and myself will happily use just one room, so there's three bedrooms for four guys....

Best regards, Taz 

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)