Vintage BMWs and Beutiful Women 2017 Calendar

Begonnen von db8max, 22 November 2016, 21:27:24

« vorheriges - nächstes »

db8max

Just trying to spread the word in time for Christmas, I've completed a 2017 calendar which should definitely hang on every Beemer enthusiast's garage wall next year, Vintage Beemers and Beautiful Women.  It features 5 vintage BMW motorcycles, including an R26, one sidecar and 7 beautiful models on thirteen monthly calendar  pages, beginning  with December 2016.   Its not expensive and can be previewed and bought at the link below. Shipping is available world wide , and there is also a digital version.  Three of the bikes are mine, but the models are pros....  Thanks for helping out.

db8max

OldsCool!

Sorry... you missed the point... your models might fit on Harleys, but look ridiculous on these old beauties...
I'd go with vintage models next time.

Just my 50 cents...

Best regards,

Steffen
Ich bin auf dem Dorf aufgewachsen. Ich wurde nicht erzogen, ich habe ÜBERLEBT!

skeewde

Zitat von: db8max am 22 November 2016, 21:27:24
...but the models are pros....

Steffen beat me to it, but here's my two-penneth; a worse mismatch of models and bikes for your intended purchasers is hardly possible.
And you might want to rethink your choice of words for describing the young ladies...!

David

† Will

Zitat von: OldsCool! am 22 November 2016, 21:56:05
Sorry... you missed the point... your models might fit on Harleys, but look ridiculous on these old beauties...

Just my 50 cents...

Best regards,

Steffen

I agree with Steffen.

R25/3 + R65LS. The R27 has found a new home.
I was not lost, my GPS just found a different way back.

Karl

Zitat von: skeewde am 22 November 2016, 22:11:40
And you might want to rethink your choice of words for describing the young ladies...!

Yes, indeed!
Support this Board: Wer das Forum unterstützen möchte, kann das gerne per PAYPAL machen. Und hier findet Ihr meine Amazon Wunschliste.

OldsCool!

I don't get it.... what is wrong with wording?
Maybe unlucky misunderstanding. Guess he is talking about pro(fessional)s (models)  ;)

† Will

Zitat von: OldsCool! am 23 November 2016, 07:43:44
I don't get it.... what is wrong with wording?
Maybe unlucky misunderstanding. Guess he is talking about pro(fessional)s (models)  ;)
America has words with different meanings to the meanings in Europe.
For instance it's an insult to say a woman is a solicitor  :o instead of lawyer or attorney.
R25/3 + R65LS. The R27 has found a new home.
I was not lost, my GPS just found a different way back.

Dappsull

This pretty much looks like an abuse of the forum for private advertisement to me - independent of choice of words ;^)

OldsCool!

It is advertising, but with regards to a vintage BMW calender an indeed interesting one for the community here (in general). It is just that I don't like the calender itself for the further above mentioned reasons.
Of course it would have been nice to ask the admin for permission before posting the ad, but as said: in general it would have been something interesting for us...

Best regards,

Steffen

db8max

Thank you for the feedback - I do appreciate it.  My idea was to use contemporary models with the old bikes because I liked the idea of the contrast. I personally am tired of seeing old bikes (usually Harleys) with models looking like some cartoon idea of a 50's pinup.   I am not sure what makes a "Harley" model, perhaps tattoos?  You have a good idea to use "vintage models" but have you ever tried to find one?  Most of them are resting comfortably in the nursing home now.  :lol: Really, thanks to all of you.

Zitat von: OldsCool! am 22 November 2016, 21:56:05

Just my 50 cents...

Best regards,

Steffen

OldsCool!

Haha  ;D I didn't mean models at the same age as the bikes  ::) but vintage style as well. Yes, probably the tattoos are making the association with rocker style, and this is (for me) linked with Harleys.  So you challenged my taste twice: I don't like tattoos and I don't like Harleys  :D
In your sense of contrast: well done! I can't imagine a bigger one  ;)
In any case, respect for the effort!

Best regards,

Steffen