R23 in Museum

Begonnen von Jollyjester, 25 September 2018, 08:58:10

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Jollyjester

Yesterday I went to visit a museum at Caister Castle in Norfolk, a particularly to  look at two BMWs on display.  An R12, that was registered in the UK in 1946, and the there was also a Zundapp twin also with a 1946 UK registration number, but  my question is about an R23, that has a 1939 UK registration number.

On the front mudguard the plate in the photo was attached.  But the following words are pressed into it Einstort Nach Gruppe III.  Then underneath the word SEIMENS, then upon the right hand side in a panel set in relief, the Third Reich Eagle, and either side of the letters, as far as I can read WG  76A.

Can anyone offer explanations?.  As far as knowing, no models of the R23 were imported into Britain, but I do also have a photo of Mrs. West, of the wife of Jock West, the BMW Works rider, 1937 -39, upon an R23, is also has A1939 registration number, but the photo was taken sometime around 1949 and because next to it is a brand new British bike, and the registration number is 1949 so it cannot be earlier.

If anyone's interested I will put it up on the forum

Jollyjester

Jollyjester

Borgward

the correct word is "entsört" which means shielded (i.e. the electric components, mainly the ignition, are shielded to avoid interferences with other equipment like radios)

Karl

Zitat von: Borgward am 25 September 2018, 09:31:24
the correct word is "entsört" which means shielded (i.e. the electric components, mainly the ignition, are shielded to avoid interferences with other equipment like radios)

Correct: entstört (the ,,t" in the middle was missing)
Support this Board: Wer das Forum unterstützen möchte, kann das gerne per PAYPAL machen. Und hier findet Ihr meine Amazon Wunschliste.

OldsCool!

As said "entstört" means "undistorted", correctly translated more in a sense of EMC shielded. "Gruppe III" is "group" 3, so probably a certain level or standard of EMC shielding.
Siemens is the company name, should be known worldwide.

BR

Steffen
Ich bin auf dem Dorf aufgewachsen. Ich wurde nicht erzogen, ich habe ÜBERLEBT!

Dappsull

the other correct wording would be 'SIEMENS' ;^)

Krottenkopp

The Letters "WaA" under the Eagle means "Wehrmachtsabnahme Amt" which was the control organisation, and the number behind was the number of the inspector (each inspector has an own number).

Gruß Heiko/2

Krottenkopp

The Gruppe III was the lowest, the Gruppe I the highest standard of protection, you can copy the last part of page 1 and the first part of page two of following link in a translation program for further information...

Gruß Heiko/2