Will C. Elbers/The Netherlands

Begonnen von Jollyjester, 03 Juli 2018, 08:55:11

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Jollyjester

I think I may have asked  this question earlier this year, with no replies, as so I will try again.
Does anyone know or have a contact with these gentlemen

Will C. Elbers/The Netherlands

He wrote to me, as archivist for the BMW Club UK and Ireland,  asking if I knew anything about a very early club member by the name of Fred Horton.
This would've been in the 1950s or sixties.
At that time I did not, but recently I have come into possession of photographs of the gentlemen, with the R75 Wehrmacht outfit on the road here in the UK.
I have also found letters from him in very early club journals again circa 1952- 55

I tried sending Mr Elbers a private message, replying to his question but had no answer.

I also contacted the BMW Club of the Netherlands, some weeks ago but no reply from those people either.

Can anyone out there give me information on the gentleman Mr. Elbers (  contact ) or if you know him request he writes to me again

Many thanks

Robert

I can be contacted direct at

dvla@bmwclubuk.net

Jollyjester

Taz

Hello Robert.

Yes, you actually did...I saw that posting and did a wee bit of digging on my own, but failed as well ... I could not find any helpful information on that guy, so at that time I refrained from posting my failure.

Good luck this time.

Best regards, Taz
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

Jollyjester

Hello Taz.

But many thanks for trying, but rather a shame I am unable to contact the gentleman, as I have been able to find as I said a great deal about Mr. Horton.

I presume Mr. Elbers wrote to the BMW club forum as a guest, and as he did not receive an answer immediately, it was a couple of months before I could get the information, has not bothered to look again all see if he had received a message from myself.

I will not give up, I will contact our webmaster, and see if the gentleman is a guest, and can I find a way of getting in touch with him.

Robert

† Will

Zitat von: Jollyjester am 04 Juli 2018, 08:41:03
I presume Mr. Elbers wrote to the BMW club forum as a guest, and as he did not receive an answer immediately, it was a couple of months before I could get the information, has not bothered to look again all see if he had received a message from myself.

I will not give up, I will contact our webmaster, and see if the gentleman is a guest, and can I find a way of getting in touch with him.

Robert
Good morning Robert.
The term 'Guest' on the BMW Club forum refers to a deleted account and Guests are not able to access the forum. I've checked this morning and Mr. Elbers is not a current member of the forum.
At a guess he may be a member of a Dutch motorcycle club.
R25/3 + R65LS. The R27 has found a new home.
I was not lost, my GPS just found a different way back.