Western Isles 2020

Begonnen von Taz, 18 September 2019, 20:20:07

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Taz

Hello Will.

So...to put it as bluntly as only someone from the continent can do...really sad news as motorcycles have played a major role in your life, but I am both happy and grateful that you won't leave this forum and will continue to be part of this family..and... if your health doesn't allow you to visit us by bike that means only we will have to visit you by bike more often.

All the very best, Ute
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

Taz

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

Taz

Da es bislang keine weiteren Eingaben zu den Reisedaten gibt, hier ein erster Versuch als Diskussionsgrundlage:

As there haven't been additional voices re. the travel dates here's a first draft, please feel free to discuss:

14.6.2020 Edersee -> IJmuiden -> (Fähre/ ferry)
15.6.2020 Newcastle (get rid of surplus cars) -> Kendal -> Roslin
16.6.2020 Roslin -> Tyndrum -> Mallaigh
17.6.2020 Mallaigh -> Uig -> (Fähre/ ferry) -> Tarbert

25.6.2020 Tarbert -> (Fähre/ ferry) -> Uig -> Stirling
26.6.2020 Stirling -> Newcastle
27.6.2020 Newcastle -> (Fähre/ ferry)
28.6.2020 IJmuiden -> continental crash place

All the best, Ute

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

bwprice100

Sounds like a plan.

:)

Sent by me using tapety talky

Timmmäh

Hello everybody,

my girlfriend and I are also interested in this trip, but if the trip starts at the 14th of june we can´t join it. My girlfriend works at the school so we only can go on vacation in the school holidays. Next year they start at the 27th of June. Maybe we can talk about a later departure ? Around the 28.06?

All the best,
Dani & Tim

Taz

Well, would work for me...as a matter of fact any dates that allow me to be back by end of July would be fine for me....being tied to summer break (Bavarian, that is) in a reverse way as some colleagues with school kids rely on me being back in the store while they are enjoying some days away from work with their families...

What about the other participants?

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

bwprice100

No problem for me. :)

Heiko

Hello,

we do not have an appointment in mind yet. We will see how it suits us and then join the tour. Take no consideration for us.  ;)

Heiko
Ariel motorcycles... upon which the sun never sets.

bwprice100

Do we need a tour badge?

https://goo.gl/photos/NeiPSQHMdi6aw8Kv8

rolf

AAAAHHH....I remember that badge ;D

OldsCool!

Ich bin auf dem Dorf aufgewachsen. Ich wurde nicht erzogen, ich habe ÜBERLEBT!

Taz

Zitat von: OldsCool! am 26 September 2019, 10:35:13
This is awesome!!!  :applaus:

That's because it's an incredibly awesome forum :juhuu:

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

Taz

Hi Tim.

On second thought...not all of us are blessed with such a generous summer break as your girlfriend...depending on whether Rudi will be part of it or not ... would it be possible to say meet at Rudi's place on the 27th or at the ferry on the 28th? generally starting on the 28th means for me wasting a precious day I could spend on British soil instead later on...

Sorry, have been to "Über Grenzen" twice and them tyres are reaaaally itchy again....

All the best, Ute

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

Timmmäh

Hi Ute,

that not a problem.
We could meet at Rudi´s place on 27. and take the ferry in the afternoon or the same at 28.
If Rudi is not a part of the trip we can also meet at my place in Essen.

All the best,
Tim

† Oldtimerfahrer

So, selber Schuld.  ;)
Ich werde mir morgen erstmal Google Translater anschmeißen.
Damit ich hier noch mitkomme.

Gruß Rudi
2011 Schottland I 2012 Großglockner-Hochalpenstraße I 2013 Schottland I 2014 Lettland/Litauen I 2017 Südengland

Taz

Hi Rudi.

Bitte entschuldige...dann ab sofort wieder zweisprachig...

Bis jetzt haben wir Zusagen von Norrie (der uns den Mund wässrig gemacht hat mit der Schilderung seines Trips auf die Inseln), Brian, Tien, evtl. Karl, Tim und Freundin.

Tourplanung bislang (falls sich das von Eurer Seite aus ausgeht) wieder Trefen bei Dir, dann am Tag drauf nach IJmuiden, Nachtfähre nach Newcastle, dann je nach Lust  und Wetter via Kendal (Bill unsere Aufwartung machen) und Roslin (Norrie einsammeln) bis Stirling, Tags drauf bis zur Isle of Skye und dann übersetzen...vor Ort wieder Cottage, und am Ende den ganzen Sermon wieder zurück mit dem üblichen Tag Reserve vor der Fähre.

Norrie hatte eine Fahrt im Mai oder Juni angeraten, im Moment läufts wegen Danis beruflichen Verpflichtungen wohl auf einen Start am letzten Juniwochenende raus....

Soweit der Stand...

Liebe Grüße, Ute

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

Taz

ein paar Gedanken zum hin und zurück:

Norrie hatte ja schon angedacht, evtl einen Bus zu mieten, so daß die UKler zumindest teilweise nicht auf eigender Achse anfahren müssen...was natürlich auch für uns vom Kontinent eine Option sein kann ... ich hatte schon beide Varianten - Wales sind wir mit Auto und Anhänger angereist, so sind auch längere Tagesstrecken machbar, Schottland und die Zipfelreise haben aber gezeigt, daß das durchaus auch mit den Einzylindern machbar ist und Spaß bringt....hiermit ebenfalls zur Diskussion gestellt...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A few thoughts on getting there and coming back:

Norrie had suggested to maybe hire a van, so at least some of the UK-based participants would be spared the long overland distances by motorcycle...this also might be an option for us from the continent...I already had both ...the 2016 Wales trip saw us coming over by car and trailer which allowed for longer day distances, but Scotland and my four-corners-of-the-realm trip did prove that this kind of travelling is also possible with our single cylinders and can be fun, too ... please discuss...

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

† Oldtimerfahrer

Moin Ute,
das Grobe habe ich schon mitbekommen. 😉
Auch die Reisetermine sind mir bekannt.
I am a Part of the Tour.  😊

Natürlich können wir von hier aus starten, auch wenn ich nicht mit starten sollte, was im  Moment nicht ist.
Das was Norri vorschlug wäre voll OK.
So braucht man nicht jede Station anfahren, obwohl reizvoll.
Von Nordengland (Kendal) nach Schottland (Norrie).
Tagesstreckeen da haben wir ja genug Erfahrungen gesammelt, Ute.
Zum Reisetermin, da bin ich offen.

Zum Schluss. Entweder wird mein Englisch besser oder die anderen sollten ihr Schuldeutsch auffrischen. 🧐

Ich freu mich 😊

Gruß Rudi
2011 Schottland I 2012 Großglockner-Hochalpenstraße I 2013 Schottland I 2014 Lettland/Litauen I 2017 Südengland

† Oldtimerfahrer

Nachtrag
Vielleicht fährt ja unser letzter Mann auch mit.

Gruß Rudi

† Will

Hello to all,

Travelling to Kendal from Newcastle then on to see Norrie would be a trip of about 380 km at least.

If you are stopping near Norrie's, I would be happy to travel by car and stop at a nearby B & B or hotel and save everyone a lot of extra miles.
Kind regards.
Bill
R25/3 + R65LS. The R27 has found a new home.
I was not lost, my GPS just found a different way back.

Rawost

Zitat von: Oldtimerfahrer am 28 September 2019, 16:03:16
Nachtrag
Vielleicht fährt ja unser letzter Mann auch mit.

Gruß Rudi
I will think about!
Sounds interesting!
Regards
Rainer
If you want to be happy for a day, drink. If you want to be happy for a year, marry. If you want to be happy for a life time, ride a BMW

Taz

Hello Will.

Thanks for your kind offer...that is indeed a very tempting offer...I`d suggest we keep this in mind and start discussing details once we have a confirmed list of participants and a better idea who is covering the long distances by which means.

All the best, Ute

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wills Idee, daß wir direkt zu Norrie fahren und er mit dem Auto hochkommt, fidne ich klasse...sollten wir mal genauer drüber reden, wenn klar ist, wer tatsächlich mitfährt und wie die einzelnen Leute die langen An-und Abfahrten meistern...

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

Taz

Hi to all.

As I am under some pressure re. applying for my days off in 2020 I would like to know whether the fortnight following the 27th of June does suit everybody around here or whether we should discuss a different date?

All the best, Ute

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi zusammen.

Ich steh ein bisschen unter Druck, meinen Urlaub fürs kommende Jahr zu beantragen....sind die zwei Wochen ab dem 27.06. für alle ok oder möchte jemand ein anderes Startdatum zur Diskussion stellen?

Viele Grüße, Ute

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

bwprice100

Yes suits me fine Ute.

† Oldtimerfahrer

Ich habe da keine Probleme mit.

Gruß Rudi

† Norrie

Good for me Ute  :bike:
:respekt:
Norrie

Heiko

Ariel motorcycles... upon which the sun never sets.

Rawost

Ich habe da keinen Druck!
Meine Planung für das nächste Jahr ist noch flexibel.
Regards
Rainer

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
If you want to be happy for a day, drink. If you want to be happy for a year, marry. If you want to be happy for a life time, ride a BMW

Taz

Hallo zusammen.

Wenn es keine weiteren Kommentare gibt, würde ich als Reisezeitraum  28.06.2020-12.07.2020 festmachen wollen...damit alle ausreichend Vorlauf für die Urlaubsplanung haben.

Viele Grüße, Ute

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello to all.

If there are no more comments re. the travel dates I would like to schedule the Western Isles trip for  28.06.2020-12.07.2020...so all of you have enough lead time for planning your days off.

Best regards, Ute

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)

Rawost

Taz

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)