Oil breather

Begonnen von Pederkr, 05 Juli 2018, 13:13:18

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Pederkr

Hi it's me again.
Long time no hear, but that's a token that my bike is driving OK :-)
But i do have a question to you experts.When coming home from driving, it tents to put a drop of oil out the breather pipe.
Why do it do that, i have check that the oil level is ok. It looks like it does not lubricate the inlet valve as much as the exhaust, it only have a fine oil film, but the exhaust is dripping. Do i have a problem or is this common.

Pederkr

rolf

Do you have new pistons? How much km old?

Pederkr

Yes new piston and rebore, about 750 km

rolf

If they are not complette "running in (?)"....normal a fewdrops of oil from the pipe....don't worry about this
the other "problem"....have you cleaned the way of the oil to the head? Especially removed the 2 ....I don't know the english word..." Hülse für Schwinghebelllagerung"....beneath them should the oil finds his way to the "Schwinghebel"( =Kipphebel) and naturally then to the valves. There was often plenty of oil charcoal(?)

Anulu

Google sagt ( und der muss es wissen ) Kipphebel= Rockerarm

🤷🏼‍♂️
Gruß Manuel

Rock or Bust!

rolf

Naja...ob ich nun deutsch-englisch was suche....oder er ...dann lieber er

bwprice100

I would call it a 'bearing block support' but English is not very consistant when it comes to engineering names so many names could be correct. :)

Brian

Sent by me using tapety talky