My R26.....from the slingers post....plus a question!

Begonnen von guest1680, 24 März 2010, 08:51:41

« vorheriges - nächstes »

guest1680

My R26 - see 'slingers post elsewhere - I can see that the silencer looks different and where it joins with the exhaust pipe seems to differ too; so maybe the front pipe is off something else too. Maybe the Delortto was found to work with this pipe/silencer!   ::)

Comparing the shot of my R26 with a 'brochure/period picture' (although it could be the effects of the angle of the photo) the exhaust pipe itself looks to be a little nearer the frame and possible a little fatter.

Maybe the guy who restored this only had these bits available when it was done.

The 'plate' on the 'battery/tool box', seems to be non-std without the ribs, I wonder if this was home made.

Did some (later?) R26's have had the 'coffee-can' style rear light?  ???

I am trying to track-down the guy who restored this for some more info, so maybe one-day I will get some answers, maybe to determining what's been done internally and the "oil discs/slingers" etc too.

Hopefully, none of this (even the white lining  ;D ) will detract from a ride on the bike....time will tell.  :bike:

May I ask possibly a strang question - the saddle spring seems to have a couple of positions, where should this be mounted for a heavier rider, any tips?

Mark

guest1680

† Knut

Zitat von: MHSILVERW am 24 März 2010, 08:51:41

May I ask possibly a strang question - the saddle spring seems to have a couple of positions, where should this be mounted for a heavier rider, any tips?

Mark

Mark,

using the upper position, the saddle is for light-weighted persons. I guess that you have to use the lower position. Refer to the "Fahrerhandbuch" for R27 Page 51. There it is stated that the saddle spring can be adjusted in this way for riders from 60 to 100kg.

Salut

Knut

berndsp

Zitatthe saddle spring seems to have a couple of positions, where should this be mounted for a heavier rider,

lower!
the lower you mount, the harder it gets, lever principle!

cheers
BerndSP
nicht denken, fluchen... :)

If a man speaks his truth in the middle of a vast forrest,
where no woman can hear him: Is he still wrong?

Heiko

Hi,

yes, the later R 26 should have had the "coffee-can" rear light... i think from 1958 up to the end.

Heiko
Ariel motorcycles... upon which the sun never sets.

guest1680

sigi_rs

Zitat von: MHSILVERW am 25 März 2010, 22:35:51
....and if you heavlier than 100kg?  ::)

Hi Mark,

no problem. Use the lowest hole at the saddle and adjust the saddle spring in that way the backward saddle edge is lifted up a little bit. And fix the screw at the silent block. So the block works as a spring, too.

The proof:

Copyright: Odeon8

Greetings
Joerg

guest1680

I think I follow this except for the comment "....And fix the screw at the silent block ...."  ???

Hopefully I can adjust to cater for a heavier rider, or I guess it will be like a rigid saddle  :(

Mark