Bmw R25/3 1954 restauration, Part One

Begonnen von Ziggy Kroatien, 10 August 2009, 11:41:51

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Ziggy Kroatien

Finaly over... :bike:

Last autumn my relative decide to have a new paint job and stripes on he's /3.But of course we find  number of problems, so small repair goes to large hedonism.
It will be a shame to leave things as it was, as you can see in pictures below.
Big regards goes to my Dad, who give arrangements,mechanical solutions and best of all,tons of nerves!  :schrauber:
Regards to you all (einzylinder zen.) also and my parts smugglers. ;)
On some pictures you can see /2 parts  from my bike because we simultaneously repair some part's .

First of all sanding, and body repairing..

After disassembling and analysis engine we see that all parts was mixed up (cylinder head from /2, unknown piston,oversize cylinder diameter..ect..)

we seek for original one for /3 and find this damaged one, that we completely repair to original state.Sanding,painting with Ht paint and thermic treatment

Many winding's on engine housing are damaged so they needs to be returned to original state.

Ther use to be large hole

Of course we change all ball bearings(C3 on crank shaft),washer's,chain assembly, and repairing oil pump,clutch ...you name it .

Dad and the pre -adjustment.

thermic treatment (My wife was very happy when she see's what I put in brand new oven!!!!   :rip:)

Finishing engine...

Differential repairing

Reparacija ventila za odušak:

to be continued..... (can't upload so many pictures in one post.Moderators?)

Ziggy Kroatien

Taz

Hello Ziggy.

Great job you did there :applaus: ...and the documentation is very good as well.

Best regards, Tas

BTW: the forum software doesn't allow more than 4 attachments per posting...and on top of that for displaying the pictures within the posting the longer side mustn't have more than 700 pixels, if it's beyond that threshold the browser will open a new window for displaying the picture)...so your method of storing the pictures on a different server and linking them in the posting is by far the better way for this kind of documentation...
Ich hab noch nie einen Sarkasmus vorgetäuscht

auf Tour:

Zipfelreise (2019)
Cymru "Radnor Revivals" (2016)
Alba "Isle of Skye" (2013)
Austria Großglocknerhochalpenstrasse (2012)
Alba "Spittal of Glenshee" (2011)

sigi_rs

Well done, Ziggy!  :applaus:

A very detailed and interresting documentation. I will be glad to check the further parts.

Greetings
Jörg