Carburettor

Begonnen von opus, 29 Dezember 2006, 18:59:54

« vorheriges - nächstes »

opus

Hello

I have bought this carb. for my bmw r25/3. It has worked fine this summer, but now the floater is damaged. Does anyone know where i can buy parts for this carb ?

Jesper

opus

Heiko

Hi,

is it a Bing carburator Jesper? If, then ask Rabenbauer www.rabenbauer-gmbh.de or Tillmanns in Germany www.a-tillmanns.de.

Normally on a Bing there is a number like 1/24/41 or something like that, isn´t it?

Heiko
Ariel motorcycles... upon which the sun never sets.

sigi_rs

Hi together,
I think, this carburator is not a standard Bing for R25/3, because it has no flange to fit it to the cylinder head and the swimmer (is it right?) is made of plastic. In a normal one, the swimmer is made of brass and the housing has a integratet flange. Perhaps it is a "Blitz" and then you may ask Uli's Motorradladen in Frankfurt (http://www.ulismotorradladen.de/) for spare parts.
Good luck and a nice 2007
Jörg

opus

Hello

It is not a original carb. There is not written anything on it, so i do not know the type. Blitz is a good guess.

Jesper

Rütz

What a funny Website is this?
I can't find to whom this site belongs (kind of "impressum" or so).
For Uli's Blitz look here:
http://www.ulismotorradladen.de/news/BMWOldtimerNews_001.htm

Anselm
I never dared to be radical when young.
For fear it would make me conservative when old. (Robert Frost)

opus

Hello

Thanks to all. It was a Blitz carb. I have asked Ulish, and he had the spareparts.
Happy new year

Jesper

Tajana

Hello,

I have a other question concerning a carburettor. I drive a R25/2 with a Bing 1/22/44. Now I bought me a carb. 1/24/42 clean it and change all inner itemes. The bike started very well but it stutter at 40km/h.
After this I change it back to the old carb and the bike run very well.
Where can help me with this problem??

Tajana

rolf

Where? Your local Bing dealer! ;D
Who? I hope i can...if you have the normal 1/24/42 equipment inside...your jet-size was too big...normal was for the 25/3 a 145 jet-size...this IS too big. Change the main jet from 145 to 110 (or 115) and try it again.
Nevertheless, it's a 24 (mm)carburettor (instead of a 22 original).
Rolf

Tajana

Hy Rolf,

thanks for your comment. That's really a good idea. I will order this by my dealer (Uli) and try it again. Because in the idle speed the bike runs very well.
I will inform you asap. :D

Tajana