Problems with Bing carburator

Begonnen von korremann, 30 Juni 2006, 22:05:55

« vorheriges - nächstes »

korremann

I have i problem with my Bing carburator on my R25/3.
When i open for the petrol and press on the little tap (to filll the swimmer house ) then there is af leak on the opposite site. The leak is comming from where the pin for air regulation is. I can´t see why it´s leaking, as it seems fine.. Here´s a picture www.marathonloeberen.dk/bing.html (bad one)

Does anyone knows the reason for this- is it just worn and do i have to get af new one?

Thanks.

Bjarke, Copenhagen, Denmark
Bjarke Korremann

www.bmw-veteran.dk
R61 1938
R25/3 1955

korremann

Bjarke Korremann

www.bmw-veteran.dk
R61 1938
R25/3 1955

kruemel

hello korremann and welcome to the forum...

it seems thas the gasket (for idle runnig) is defect... when you push the swimmer housing, the petrol floats this area and the gasket let the petrol comes out.  remove the idle nozzle and have a look for the gasket... it is a cheap part that sometimes breaks...

kind regards, kruemel
Forums "Kernkruemel" ;-)
BMW R24 und Isetta 300

Jom

Hi Korremann,
If you have to buy gaskets for your carburator it is better to buy the complete set, this is very cheap and so you have directly all the correct gaskets and fiber rings ( dont forget to give the carb. number).

Best regards,
Jom

Rütz

Hi Bjarke,

no, this is the normal behavior of that type of idle-air regulation screw, which is installed on your carb:
It is the screw with a biuld in overflow boring to prevent the engine from to get flushed with to much gasoline. There is no gasket.
-> You shall not fill the swimmerhouse more than this point.

I don't know, if it's the correct screw for your carb. The early models had a screw without overflow. They are exchangeable. Many install the old screw also on newer carbs because of this spitting, but it's dangerous: With defect petcock or swimmer the engine might get flushed with gasoline (oil washed out) without notice.

Anselm
I never dared to be radical when young.
For fear it would make me conservative when old. (Robert Frost)

Heiko

Hi,

it is correct, what Rütz has written. There is no gasket! It is the normal behavior at this point.

Heiko
Ariel motorcycles... upon which the sun never sets.

korremann

hi

I have seperated the carburator and couldn´t find any gasket so i´m pleased that there isn´t one in this type!

Well, it seems that the gasolin isn´t running out if i dont fill the swimmer house to much. The strange thing is that i have always done it at the same way, without the overflooding of gasolin.

Thanks for the answers, it´s very cool that you all answer so fast.

Bjarke
Bjarke Korremann

www.bmw-veteran.dk
R61 1938
R25/3 1955

dokjem

Hi
I have the same problem with Bjarke
so the leaking of the air screw is normal according to Heiko and Ruth and no gasket needed for the idle screw

rolf

Leaking is not normal!!
It is leaking if the swimmer doesn't close at the right time.

Dappsull

Had the same problem. In my case the needle attached to the bottom of floater wasn't fitting tightly. Maybe try to 'rub it in' with some toothpaste or whatever the experts recommend.

Cheers
D.