R2 May Be ?

Begonnen von Jollyjester, 14 April 2021, 08:51:54

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Jollyjester

This is just to illustrate how the laws of 'chance', with a little help, can maybe 'turn up' an unexpected 'treasure'. In my town, March, Cambridgeshire we have very nice motorcycle shop, 'Freedom Motorcycles' who basically sell 'Indian' brand, prior to that was was Victory,  owned by twin brothers. Very nice Gentlemen, as is their Father. I have been out on 'rides' with him. They also sell any bike really , used, including BMW twins.

Early this week going in to the Supermarket, I saw a Late Triumph with a Sidecar drive to the shop. so having 'driven' an R50s / Watsonian sidecar outfit for perhaps 12 + years went to have a look. The Triumph has 'leading link' Earles Type forks similar to the R50 - R69S BMW's

Looking at the 'outfit' the owner came out, perhaps a very few years younger than myself, I am very close to 'achzig'.

We got talking  about bike in general, and BMW's in particular.

He informed me, ' My mate who lives in the same street has an R50 and R69S. But he also has a BMW single , early 1930's 200 ccs ( an R2 ) It belonged to  motorcycle dealer who was friends with his parents. Many years ago it was restored and sat in the shop. when the shop closed, the parents purchased it.  Now it is with the 'Son'.

I am invited to 'look' on Friday. !!

Where is it?

I could walk to the house in 15 minutes, and must have passed by 1000 times.

Will keep you all informed and may need to ask questions.

I had been given my 2nd Pfizer Covid Jab 2 days prior and feel 110%. This is the 'icing on the cake'

Even went out on the 'Little Horror' ( 1951 R25 ) yesterday, 1st time since last August. with the engine rebuild it runs really smooth, at 80 kph.

Joy of Joy's

Robert

Jollyjester

Rzwo5drei

Hello Jollyjester

A nice story that shows,  life is also full of nice surprises.
Maybe You will take your camera with you on Friday and share this event with us.

So have a great, healthy weekend for You, who are allowed to drink a beer with friends or even in the pub in a relaxed way and without any restrictions.

Stay healthy and "tuned"

Br Rzwo

das subjektive Bewustsein ist der Standpunkt des Betrachters zum Objekt.
E. Kant

RolfD

Lucky Man, Robrt, you know, this audience is hungry for Pics, so don´t forget your cam for that....
Regards
Rolf III